The Student Room Group

Winter Transformation + pics

Background

Well it's getting into Autumn and the chance to take your top off has gone. So now I have my excuse to put some weight on :p:. So thought I would create a blog to track my progress for encouragement/fun reminder of what I went through. Broke my shoulder a while back so have not been to the gym for a couple of months. Time to change that.

Current Stats

Height: 6' 1'' (Was only 3 inches out :P)
Weight: 170lbs
BF%: About 15% (roughly)

Beginning lifts:

Bench 35kg
Squat 50kg
Deadlift 50kg

Aim

185lbs at 10% bf

Yeah i'm doing this for size however strength increase's will be great.

Aiming for 120kg bench 160kg squat 200kg+ deadlift

Routine

Whatever I feel like doing, it change's

Diet

Eat what I can, don't really have target's, will post my consumption daily.

Starting Pic's 26/09/09

WARNING: YES THIS IS WHAT 3 MONTHS OF JUNK FOOD AND NO GYM DOES TO YOU. DON'T LET YOUR WORK GO TO WASTE.

Spoiler

Two week's in 10/10/09

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What exercises are you going to do on each day?
Reply 2
Rucklo
Background

Well it's getting into Autumn and the chance to take your top off has gone. So now I have my excuse to put some weight on :p:. So thought I would create a blog to track my progress for encouragement/fun reminder of what I went through. Broke my shoulder a while back so have not been to the gym for a couple of months. Time to change that.

Current Stats

Height: 5' 10''
Weight: 170lbs
BF%: About 15% (roughly)

Can't comment on lifts as won't know until i'm back in the gym tommorow.

Aim

175lbs at 10% bf
Yeah i'm doing this mainly for size however strength increase's will be great.

Routine

3 Day split.

Chest + Legs
Rest Day
Back
Rest
Repeated

What i was doing before my shoulder, if it's not working will change.

Diet

Eat what I can, don't really have target's, will post my consumption daily.

Starting Pic's

WARNING: YES THIS IS WHAT 3 MONTHS OF JUNK FOOD AND NO GYM DOES TO YOU. DON'T LET YOUR WORK GO TO WASTE.

you make it sound so serious..i dont see any problem with your body
OP, I loveeeee your body.
Reply 4
RawJoh1
What exercises are you going to do on each day?

I mixed it about a bit but here's an example:

Chest + Leg's

BB Bench 3x8
DB Inc Bench 3x8
DB Flyes 2x10
Skullcrushers 2x10
Squat 3x8
Leg Ext 3x8

Back

Deadlift 3x8
Rows 3x8
Shoulder Press 3x8
Pull Ups 2xmax

It varies though I change it about.
Reply 5
saraahh
you make it sound so serious..i dont see any problem with your body

I was at same weight but had about 7% less body fat 4 months ago. I'm a fatty at the moment :p:.

Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

Haha thanks :smile:. Wish i could feel the same right now.
Reply 6
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

Ditto. :coma:
Reply 7
Where's The back cover from your Phone Gone?
Reply 8
bhap08
Where's The back cover from your Phone Gone?

I bet my mate £20 if i threw it off top of multi story car park (4 floors) it would still work. And yeah... :rolleyes: .
Reply 9
Rucklo
I bet my mate £20 if i threw it off top of multi story car park (4 floors) it would still work. And yeah... :rolleyes: .

So You threw your phone from a Multi-Story car park and the worst that happened is that you lost the back cover? That Is Quite Impressive!:clap2:
Reply 10
bhap08
So You threw your phone from a Multi-Story car park and the worst that happened is that you lost the back cover? That Is Quite Impressive!:clap2:

The contract ran out last month so I am getting a new phone. So thought I would attempt to see how hard the steel case on it is. Turn's out steel is quite hard :rolleyes: .

I forgot to add on original post I like my running too. Again not ran in month's so will probably start with 1-1.5km after workout's and add 0.5km on each week.
Reply 11
Anyone else slightly baffled by the girls who 'love' his body? Hes quite fatty (no offense) and nothing special right now...
Reply 12
mipegg
Anyone else slightly baffled by the girls who 'love' his body? Hes quite fatty (no offense) and nothing special right now...

Me :p:.

I havn't stepped in the gym for a good 3 months. And in that time my diet has been suicidal. I can barely look in the mirror at the moment.

Probably just saying to to give me a small shred of confidence haha.
What time scale you talking? As you're only trying to increase 5lbs you could gain that in a day if you ate/drank a lot :p:.
Reply 14
mipegg

I know what you mean, i swear most girls on here that post love the 'i do the odd push up' look. In real life its totally different :s-smilie:
Reply 15
i think his body looks fine, just looks like an average guy who goes to the gym now and again, doesnt look very built or anything just normal with a small bit more muscle.

certainly not a fatty or even 'quite fatty' at all!! i can see chicks would think he looks cute, i remember those days lol... now every girl i meet is scared of me (serious) lol
Reply 16
Rucklo

I'm the same dude :frown:
Reply 17
ChrisLincoln
What time scale you talking? As you're only trying to increase 5lbs you could gain that in a day if you ate/drank a lot :p:.

I don't think that would be muscle though :p:.

I don't know really i'm taking some time into account because i'm going to have to build up my shoulder again which could take a few weeks. I might go for more than 5lbs it really depends. I need to cut about 11lbs of fat too.

I know what you mean, i swear most girls on here that post love the 'i do the odd push up' look. In real life its totally different :s-smilie:

I can't help that I broke my shoulder quite badly. Though my diet is my own fault. But come on i mean I was benching 75kg for my sets before it happened. I know there's quite a few on here who can do more but it's not exactly like being the weakest guy on the planet.

Meagz
I'm the same dude :frown:

Let's sort it out then :p: .

-----

Was 3 of my best mate's 18th last night so I ended up drinking however I have vowed it is the last time until i'm 18 myself (10.5 months.) So yeah I probably had more than I should, so i'm a bit scared of trying food as it would probably come straight back up. Just drinking water and trying to get as better as i can for gym latterrr.
Reply 18
I wasn't referring to you exactly having the does the odd push up look lol. It looks like you have trained before. 75kg is impressive, more than i can do! I bet your chest was bigger when you were pressing..!

how'd you break your shoulder then?
Reply 19
I wasn't referring to you exactly having the does the odd push up look lol. It looks like you have trained before. 75kg is impressive, more than i can do! I bet your chest was bigger when you were pressing..!

how'd you break your shoulder then?

Yeahh iv'e lost about 11.5lbs of muscle I think i worked it out at the other day, shame really could probably have kept half of that with a decent diet.

Well i went to a gig, fell over in a pit and landed in some weird way. That's as much as I know too be honest haha. I don't have a good track record with them too be honest. Couldn't move my fingers though for about 10 days.

Latest