The Student Room Group
do you have classes or lectures tomorrow?

classes do get funny at times if you miss them, normally 2 in a row

missing alot depends how they run the first lecture, some will just do welcome to the course this is your module handbook, these are the books you need to read, this is what we will be doing over the 10 weeks, and any assessment that need doing, they may start with a introduction to the course starting at just A-level stuff, catching up can be easy if you can get all the information, and put the time in, most put lecture notes online
My first few lectures were nonsense, introductory (not worth going to) lectures so I wouldnt be too worried to be honest.
Just make sure you ask around or look online as to what you missed incase it was something important, such as being given module handbooks, or being told when your exams will be etc.
Reply 3
Cheers.

According to my timetable I mostly have lectures next week and a tutorial.

Maybe if I rang up to let them know I may not be in until the end of the week they could keep any books or what not for me for when I return.

I have this weird thing in my head that what if Im the only one off in the whole of the uni, which I know will probably not be true lol.
Reply 4
You should be alright. The first week is usually about telling people what their modules will involve, telling you about booklists etc. And also, if your uni is anything like mine, there will still be people sorting out messed up timetables and clashes. People will also be missing first lectures as they're either in the wrong subject, can't be there due to clashes, or are still sorting things out. If your lecturers are nice, they will understand some first years won't always be there. If they ask you where you've been, just remember to stress how bad your cold was, as it doesn't sound that impressive. Say you had a severe flu over the summer and just got over it. In fact, in all serious, say swine flu?

Latest

Trending

Trending