The Student Room Group

am i making the wrong decision at university?

i have tried my hardest to change my course from computering (which i hate) to business maangement but its full and tehy wont let me on! (although i bet they would if i was an international student). After uni i want a career in teh business field for e.g. working for a large organisation. The closest they have to business management is geography and business. I havnt done geo before but id only do it because it is the closest to business management they have and another point is that its only a quarter business and 3/4 geo. Am i making a wrong decision because although its geo with business management its mainly geography and im only thinking of doing it because it has business.

Would i still be able to go to the same career path as i would have if i had a degree in business management?

help from ANYONE appreciated!
Reply 1
I think you're making a mistake - you're only jumping at this Geography and Business course because you're desperate to drop Computing. Would you have chosen to study Geography otherwise?

It's also worth remembering that you don't need a business degree to work in business.
Reply 2
Definitely a mistake. Why don't you ask to change at the end of the year? You'll be a fresher twice and guaranteed uni accommodation twice, it's not so bad!
Why don't you just take a gap year this year, and reapply next year?
For the course you really want?
Reply 4
Whatever you do, I definately wouldn't do a course that's 3/4 geog and 1/4 the subject you actually want to do!! that's almost as bad as sticking with computering.

And it is true that any degree will get you a career in business... most people do end up in some sort of business eventually!

Latest

Trending

Trending