The Student Room Group

Masters in Psychology - Swedish Universities

Hey everyone. I kind of need urgent help and have high hopes from you guys!

I have seen in a few places that its easier to get into Swedish universities unless one is applying to "popular courses". I am planning to apply to Lund, Stockholm, Uppsala, and Goethenburg for Masters in Psychology.

But, I might change my decision in case these are hard to crack. I have a 3.3/4.0 CGPA. What are my chances of landing a seat as international student? Is Psychology a popular and tough course to get in with this GPA?

I don't have much time and need to make a decision asap. I don't want to make a wrong decision because i will lose another year.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by hafsaa_taahir
Hey everyone. I kind of need urgent help and have high hopes from you guys!

I have seen in a few places that its easier to get into Swedish universities unless one is applying to "popular courses". I am planning to apply to Lund, Stockholm, Uppsala, and Goethenburg for Masters in Psychology.

But, I might change my decision in case these are hard to crack. I have a 3.3/4.0 CGPA. What are my chances of landing a seat as international student? Is Psychology a popular and tough course to get in with this GPA?

I don't have much time and need to make a decision asap. I don't want to make a wrong decision because i will lose another year.

Are you from the UK or elsewhere? The reason I ask is that if you want to practice psychology in the UK, a non-UK degree isn't going to work and you'll need to take a conversion course once you're back in the UK to get BPS accreditation. That'll add a year to your education.

If you have no intention of practicing psychology in the UK, then feel free to ignore the above. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest