The Student Room Group

Work Experience In The Police Force?

Hi,
I am trying to find some work experience and i wanted to find out if anyone had done any work experience in Police work
Reply 1
I did, in year ten. I was with the diplomatic protection branch of the met, and I have to say it was amazing!
Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity.

Oh and your first post, welcome to TSR! x
Mia:x
I did, in year ten. I was with the diplomatic protection branch of the met, and I have to say it was amazing!
Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity.

Oh and your first post, welcome to TSR! x

Every single thing in this post is perfect.

Remind me to rep you. :biggrin:
If you have a look at www.do-it.org.uk they sometimes have volunteering opportunities with the police. It is mainly admin etc, but it would give you an insight into how police stations work.
Reply 4
from personal experience it varies from force to force, you would need to have a good reason and be convincing but it is possible to go out with police officers for an evening/shift. Just bear in mind that it can be dangerous and exciting or you might have a dull night guarding a crime scene...
What is the specific reason for wanting experience of the police force? are you considering it as a career? and how old are you?
Reply 5
I know it’s been years but exactly what did you do there ????
Reply 6
Original post by Ilayza
I know it’s been years but exactly what did you do there ????

This thread should help...shows exactly what me and other people did on work experience with the police...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=774616&p=79790662#post79790662
How do I apply to work experience at the Diplomatic protection branch?
Would you get rejected by the police force for work experiance if you are a basic trainee with the army cadet force?
Reply 9
Hi i just liked to ask how did you get in contact with the police and how do you apply to do the work experience in the police.Thanks x
Hi, how did you apply for this? My daughter really wants to do her work experience this year with police force. Thanks
This thread is ten years old. Could be more productive to start a new one for your question.

UK forces don't really do work experience. It's clearly not a kid friendly environment. You can occasionally get ride alongs though, and your daughter could volunteer as a special if she's over eighteen (or as a cadet if she's currently under that age)
How did you go about arranging this?
I am 14 yrs old and I was wondering if I could do work experience with the police. Can any body help me sort this out.

Thank You.

Alex Thorn
Reply 14
same this thread was made around the time i was born as a 14 year old im also loking at it please can someone help ?
Reply 15
Original post by ws_12k
same this thread was made around the time i was born as a 14 year old im also loking at it please can someone help ?

Hi this may be a bit late but the police don't generally offer work experience or ride along schemes until your 16 but once your 16 hopefully your local force will have decided if it's keeping these schemes or not (as of rn most are still deciding what to do after COVID) but if you search your local force and lay observer scheme or work experience (i.e Hampshire lay-observer schemes) one of the links should take you to the right place to apply
Reply 16
Original post by Vir3
Hi this may be a bit late but the police don't generally offer work experience or ride along schemes until your 16 but once your 16 hopefully your local force will have decided if it's keeping these schemes or not (as of rn most are still deciding what to do after COVID) but if you search your local force and lay observer scheme or work experience (i.e Hampshire lay-observer schemes) one of the links should take you to the right place to apply

Thank u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending