The Student Room Group

year 12 /college work experience

hi, im in year 12 and hoping to go to uni for law, however my college provides no work experience. anyone know where i can apply for an internship or opportunity in manchester??
thankss
Original post by Adatios
hi, im in year 12 and hoping to go to uni for law, however my college provides no work experience. anyone know where i can apply for an internship or opportunity in manchester??
thankss

Hi @Adatios

Although it is not exactly work experience have you considered joining the Police Cadet Scheme? I have put a link below for more information.

About the cadet scheme | Greater Manchester Police (gmp.police.uk)

It is a brilliant opportunity for 13-17 year-olds to gain some valuable insight into the police force and law enforcement. Obviously, once you turn 18 you do have to leave but then you have to option to join as a Team Leader. You can apply for this without any experience so long as you can demonstrate your desire to help out and learn more. Again more information is available through the link.

And of course, once you turn 18 you also have the option to join as a Special Constable. Bear in mind the training lasts around 5 months so for many young people this might not be an option. But if it is and it is something you are interested in then 100% go for it; it is probably the best work experience you can have if you are interested in law enforcement. I added a link with more information about Specials.

Who can be a special constable | Greater Manchester Police (gmp.police.uk)

I hope this is insightful for you, even if it isn't something you're interested in it is great to know about the opportunities available for young people:smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending