The Student Room Group

Police Now National Detective Scheme March 2022

Anyone here had a conditional offer to join the Police Now National Detective programme starting March 2022 ?
Reply 1
I was under the impression applications hadn't opened yet as on the website it says that you can only 'express an interest'. Have applications opened or?
Original post by Katie_lml
Anyone here had a conditional offer to join the Police Now National Detective programme starting March 2022 ?

Hey congrats! I also had a conditional offer yesterday! Which force are you going to? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by chelseapereen
Hey congrats! I also had a conditional offer yesterday! Which force are you going to? :smile:

Hey! Congrats on the offer! I have my assessment centre coming up next week! How did you find it? Any tips to prepare?
Original post by Teee98
Hey! Congrats on the offer! I have my assessment centre coming up next week! How did you find it? Any tips to prepare?

Ahh good luck you will be fine! I would just say to really research into the programme and what it offers and their competencies and how you can apply yourself to them. Just be yourself everyone is so friendly :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone had an assessment centre feedback report before an offer/rejection?
Original post by Teee98
Anyone had an assessment centre feedback report before an offer/rejection?

Yes I got mine in the morning at about 9:45 then got told I had an offer about 6pm that same day.
Reply 7
Yes I got mine in the morning at about 9:45 then got told I had an offer about 6pm that same day.

Have you been told where the 12 week academy is based? I can't seem to find anything about that on the website
Original post by lg.311
Have you been told where the 12 week academy is based? I can't seem to find anything about that on the websiteHi

I have been told where mine is, it's Wyboston lakes but not sure if everyone is different for different forces etc. Have you had an offer? Where for?
Reply 9
I have been told where mine is, it's Wyboston lakes but not sure if everyone is different for different forces etc. Have you had an offer? Where for?

I think it'll be the same place from what I've been told now. I've passed my assessment centre, but to get my conditional offer I need to pass my driving test because its a requirement for South Yorkshire, so it all depends on passing that right now
I've had a conditional offer for South Yorkshire! I'm just waiting on my medical and to get a fitness booked in.
Your initial training will be the same for everyone and then you will go to your forces where you *usually* have additional training in how the force works and continue from there.
Hi,

Congrats to anyone with offers etc. I was just wondering how soon after the final interview stage does the vetting, medical, fitness and drug testing occur please? And how long in your experience has this taken? I'm finding it really hard to find this information anywhere.

Thank you
Hi I'm just applying to this programme but I'm a bit confused. Where it asks which police force I would like to join, why are the options limited? I can only consider London but this is only available as a 'second preference option'.

Would appreciate any help
Original post by issawrap
Hi I'm just applying to this programme but I'm a bit confused. Where it asks which police force I would like to join, why are the options limited? I can only consider London but this is only available as a 'second preference option'.

Would appreciate any help

Police Now is a national scheme run by the College of Policing. Not all the forces take part every year. If they aren't taking part then they wouldn't be available as an option.
Original post by Trinculo
Police Now is a national scheme run by the College of Policing. Not all the forces take part every year. If they aren't taking part then they wouldn't be available as an option.

Thanks. Do they usually say when they'll next be available?
Original post by issawrap
Thanks. Do they usually say when they'll next be available?

I don’t think so. I think PN is suffering a bit because of the general graduate requirement for all officers. With the Met specifically (and this is only my opinion) graduate programmes just aren’t working for them because the number of people they need to recruit is so high compared to other forces.
Reply 17
hi there,

ive recently applied for the march 2023 intake, can i ask how everyone has found their first year? Also, did anyone get accepted with a 2:2 degree. thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending