The Student Room Group

Detective

Anyone know what I can do after my criminology degree to become a detective?
Original post by DaVader

Hi DaVader,

After completing a criminology degree, if you don't wish to work your way through the police system you can apply for the "Police Now National Detective Programme". The programme is two years long and includes an intensive 12-week residential training course in addition to both fieldwork and in-classroom training. The course helps people develop their detective work skills and experience.

You can find out more here: https://www.policenow.org.uk/national-detective-programme/

Hope this helps, all the best to you!

Best wishes,
- Howard
Coventry University Student Ambassador
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by DaVader

Hi @DaVader

There's a few routes in from what I understand. One way is to do the normal degree holder entry programme with a police force, and when you've finished that you can work your way to being a detective in the force. Some forces also do a very similar programme but fast track you to detective, so you spend less time on response. Police Now is also a graduate scheme you could look into. I think its worth having a look into your local police force/one you want to join and seeing the options, as well as looking at Police Now. You can also contact them, and they run recruitment events such as online seminars.

The careers service at uni is also another place to gain support whilst looking into next steps!

Hope that helps,
Kat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending