The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
whitepearlbaby
You can't even survive on this surely! Not for long anyway...

Heh, I manage to!

Elementric
Either lies or you're horribly malnourished.

I'd say about 3000 on average for me, though it varies a lot.

Well, I wouldn't call myself healthy.
Reply 81
Probably around 1700.
Tefhel
Yep. You also don't just instantly die if you don't eat 1800 calories a day which a lot of people seem to think for some reason.

No, but we aren't talking about how many calories you eat today, we're talking about how many calories you eat a day; i.e. an average over a significant period of time. Ok if you're dieting and losing weight you might be eating very little; but you aren't going to lose weight healthily eating 300 calories a day.
Elementric
A couple with drastically low estimates does indicate many with incorrect estimates. You don't even need to have done maths gcse to know that...
It's not a matter of honesty, it's a matter of statements that aren't based on facts; so that wasn't what you were asking.

I'd say only one or two seemed unrealistic, the rest didn't seem out of the ordinary to be honest. It's likely that most people who have clicked on this thread actually do have a good idea of what their intake is. It's not like it's a random sample group.

i cba to argue with the last bit. she made a comment she thought was about right, I thought it was a bit presumptuous, who really cares?
death.drop
I wouldn't say a couple indicates many. And it's not nonsense to ask someone why they feel in a position to say whether people are being honest or not.

oh, and btw I used to eat around 300 calories a day. for a long time. and I still fell in the healthy weight category. so who knows, maybe the 600 a day people aren't totally inaccurate.

That's sick. I'm not just being horrible, it really is...
Reply 85
People who eat < 1500 a day should go grab a pizza (its worth it :smile:)
Reply 86
I don't calorie count, but at an educated guess I'd say no more than 2000 unless I'm on a binge, lol.
Elementric
That's sick. I'm not just being horrible, it really is...

I was sick, nobody eats 300 calories a day without having something a little wrong lol. my point was just that I still weight 7 stone which is only a few lb of my 'ideal' weight.
Reply 88
No idea, cba to count.
death.drop
I'd say only one or two seemed unrealistic, the rest didn't seem out of the ordinary to be honest. It's likely that most people who have clicked on this thread actually do have a good idea of what their intake is. It's not like it's a random sample group.

i cba to argue with the last bit. she made a comment she thought was about right, I thought it was a bit presumptuous, who really cares?

loool, as you're talking about me: Yes, it was presumptuous. I thought it was obvious that it was a presumption, perhaps I should have used "perhaps" in my presumption. It's a shame that you were so very upset by it. Obviously you care.
death.drop
I was sick, nobody eats 300 calories a day without having something a little wrong lol. my point was just that I still weight 7 stone which is only a few lb of my 'ideal' weight.

I just wanted to clarify, since you seemed to be implying that it was ok to eat 300 calories a day since you did it for ages and are still a 'healthy' weight (not saying that's what you meant; but it's how it came across). I would add though that I would guess (yes guess, I don't actually know..) that despite now being a reasonable weight you still have a proportionally higher body fat percentage than most people of the same BMI because you wasted so much muscle when you were eating 300 calories a day, and hence are weak and don't look 'toned'. God that sounds nasty lol.. sorry.. but sounds like you know your error so...
Reply 91
Between 2500-3000 approximately.

Should be above 3000 at the moment though, I get an extra 1600 calories from 2 weight gainer shakes a day on top of my normal 3 meals. Today I've had:

Bowl of cereal (Crunchy nut) and a Gold bar.

Weight gainer

Cheese, ham, salad sandwiches with 4 slices of thick wholemeal bread. (LOTS of cheese)

3 egg omelette filled with 3 rashers of bacon, loads of cheddar and mushrooms
Baked potato with loads of mayonnaise, salad with lettuce, tomato onion and lots of olive oil drizzled all over. And salad cream.

Another weight gainer.

That should be me done for the day.
Reply 92
Used to be 300 calories a day.

I eat alot at the moment though lol...800 cals D:
Reply 93
Jarexi
Used to be 300 calories a day.

I eat alot at the moment though lol...800 cals D:

Can you give examples of what you'd eat and drink in a day which would make up this 300 calorie diet, or even the 800 one.
Reply 94
del1507
Can you give examples of what you'd eat and drink in a day which would make up this 300 calorie diet, or even the 800 one.

Um when i ate 300 i guess it was anything i could get my hands on...soup/fruit/snack a jacks mainly. Anything i didnt have to cook. Smoothies too.
If you want an example of what i had today - fish and veg an apple, an orange 2 cups of hot chocolate.
Reply 95
2000+
I hope so anyway.
Reply 96
Jarexi
Um when i ate 300 i guess it was anything i could get my hands on...soup/fruit/snack a jacks mainly. Anything i didnt have to cook. Smoothies too.
If you want an example of what i had today - fish and veg an apple, an orange 2 cups of hot chocolate.

EAT

Ha ha ha. I lol at everyone who knows. Get a life and stop being so pathetic.
You girls need to eat more...

I eat 1300-1600 calories a day. I'm quite active though, and have had a slight ED relapse due to not realising how many calories I actually need. Now need to switch to a weight gain amount... but can't really be bothered.

Latest