The Student Room Group

How bad is it if you only eat once a day?

Title
depends on size of meal
Reply 2
You can eat one meal a day if it has all the calories and nutrition required
It depends upon a variety of factors.
Your state of health, what else you have eaten & drank that day, the size of the meal, its total calorie and nutritional content.
Remember that it is possible to only eat solid food once a day but end up having a very unhealthy large meal that contains lots of calories, salt, sugar, transfats and ultra-processed ingredients.

Personally I would never recommend that anyone aim to eat one meal a day regularly over the short term trying to lose weight or on a frequent medium to long term basis as a matter of habit.
Maybe consider implementing a daily calorie deficit and calorie restriction range or trying intermittent fasting for a few weeks instead.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe consider implementing a daily calorie deficit and calorie restriction range or trying intermittent fasting for a few weeks instead.

OP does not need to lose any weight, and should not be encouraged to restrict their (already extremely restricted) intake.

@Anony345533, please eat more than once per day, making sure that every meal provides plenty of nutrition and energy. Or, as @Surnia says, if you do only eat once per day, it needs to be enough to give you everything you need for the whole day (and night) so would have to be reasonably large and/or energy-dense. From looking at your posting history, you probably won't achieve that with just one meal per day, so I'd suggest you eat more frequently.
Yes, I know you have anorexia and a genetic disorder, but your body still needs food. Please listen to, and follow the advice of, your support team, therapists and any other medical professionals. They are trying to help you, so that you can live your life to the fullest, and be as healthy and happy as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest