The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
re-animator
I have never had a single problem with royal mail, provide best service in my opinion. The staff at my collection office, on the odd occasion ive had to to go have always been friendly and cooperative if i had any questions. Citylink and dhl however are both useless useless lazy b**tards when it comes to delivering anything and cl have even lost a parcel, which was eventually found and delivered by the manager himself...admintently that was impressive but on the whole they are rubbish compared to royal mail and its other arm parcel force.

I had a fun time at work a few years back when Royal Mail claimed they couldn't have delivered the letter I'd sent as it didn't have the postcode on.
The address I sent it to was the regional sorting office!
Reply 21
Alexander
Errrm I'd have thought the answer was fairly obvious: postmen work an eight hour shift (with the first two or three hours spent sorting). That means that some post will be delivered early, some middling time, and some late.

They used to work an 8 hour shift 10 years ago. I'd meet the postman going up the street at 7am when I was going to work.
~ Mandy
That's happened to me before :sad: Whenever I ring up to arrange re-delivery it usually takes at least 10 tries before they actually answer their phone as well. I wasted a whole morning once trying to get through when I couldn't do it online.

One day last week the post didn't come until 7.30pm :eek4:

If you press *1*1*1 repeatedly as soon as you are connected to the call it puts you through to an automated service straight away :yep:
These really annoy me ¬¬

I nearly lost my temper with some cow in the Hanley one this morning. Denied knowledge of ever having seen my parcel and then got the manager to go and look for it.

If I book a redelivery, I expect it to come. And I expect postie to knock when he has something for me!

/rant
Reply 24
at least they don't leave your ******* degree computer parcel on your doorstep for the whole ******* world to see. :mad:

never liked royal mail, never will. lost a couple of expensive electronics with them before as well, got about 30 quid off them. ******* piss take.

it needs to be privatised, because no one is giving a **** anymore. let's all use UPS
Reply 25
timetokill
I've had that before aswell.
My dad was expecting a package, but had to quickly rush to the shops, so I waited downstairs incase the postman came (as it was an important package). I sat in the living room, but nothing. My dad came back from the shops, saw the card on the floor and asked me why I hadnt answered the door.

I told him that there hadnt been a knock, I wasnt even aware the postman had been.
I know 100% that he didnt knock because my dogs go crazy when theres a knock at the door, and they didnt even move. Damn postmen.

Our post times vary. Some days you might have it before 9am, other times it might pop through the door at 3pm, you can never be sure.

Ooh nice mechanism for finding out when ur upstairs or listening to music :yes:
Reply 26
unikq
at least they don't leave your ******* degree computer parcel on your doorstep for the whole ******* world to see. :mad:

never liked royal mail, never will. lost a couple of expensive electronics with them before as well, got about 30 quid off them. ******* piss take.

it needs to be privatised, because no one is giving a **** anymore. let's all use UPS

Must admit with UPS I've never had a parcel go missing, never had someone deny a parcel exists, never had UPS staff sign for something then stick it behind the bin - found the parcel after almost a week of rain when I went to put the bin out.
No trust in Royal Mail as it is.

Other companies at least can try and be efficient.
Reply 27
I really couldn't care.. go pick it up the next day :biggrin:
although i dont order much from online soo
mart2306
Must admit with UPS I've never had a parcel go missing, never had someone deny a parcel exists, never had UPS staff sign for something then stick it behind the bin - found the parcel after almost a week of rain when I went to put the bin out.

Lucky you.

I've been trying for a week to get UPS just to pick up a parcel! They still haven't got their arses here!
Reply 29
yes....*****
Stratos
Ooh nice mechanism for finding out when ur upstairs or listening to music :yes:

Yeah its pretty handy sometimes, just not when you are in bed at 3am and they hear a car door shut and think its the front door :mad:

One of my dogs used to fetch the post too, that was great. Shes blind now though so she doesnt do that anymore :frown:
mart2306

We found the parcel in July...it was sent in March...
Reply 32
Its you were out..........
Reply 33
Lee Evans 'attempted delivery' sketch gets me every time. 'AAHHHHH! ITS TOOO FARR! I'M NOT GONNA MAKE IT! I'll put an attempted'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaaankRbMkY&feature=related
Reply 34
Gueirguiy
In brighton it's all fine.

Yeah my postman just gives the parcel to next door if we're not in.
Our post doesn't normally come until about midday. My mum says it's like they accidentally cancelled the morning post rather than the lunchtime deliveries they used to do... And we've had a couple of those cards even when someone's been in. I assumed it was just a mistake...
My postman is good but then again my dad works from home and he's gradually learnt that there is always someone in. He'll wait about 3 minutes before even considering writing a 'sorry, you were out' card. Citylink on the other hand...
Reply 37
Apart from the strikes, it's not Royal Mails' fault that it takes so long for stuff to be delivered, it's the 56mph limit that the EU have imposed on their delivery lorries etc. which means post doesn't reach its depot as quickly and therefore cannot be dispatched to houses as quickly.
Am I the only one who has a decent postie? When our post arrives, I'm usually upstairs and Dad's in his shed, so if no one answers then the postie goes around the back to find my Dad, or if no one is in then he leaves parcels in the garage and a note to say so. :yes: Royal Mail are bastards though, my passport got lost in the post. Was sent recorded delivery, and the compensation we received for the passport was a book of stamps...
Reply 39
My postman seems to think that using my dad's workshop window on the ground floor is an acceptable way to deliver the post when he's finished talking to every man, woman and beast in the world on his route and he rolls up the drive at 3.30pm, then occassionally asks to use the toilet.

Latest

Trending

Trending