The Student Room Group

Can my MP help with Royal Mail issues?

I have had several problems with the Royal Mail and they keep fobbing me off and not answering my questions. Can I take it to my MP to help?
Reply 1
Have you exhausted the complaints system within the Royal Mail?
Without context I'd have to assume no, why do you think an MP would be able to help with the issue?
Reply 3
Royal Mail are a private firm.

If Tracked then contact your shipper and ask them to request an investigation via Royal Mail, it is your shippers responsibility to complete delivery or provide you with a refund. Royal Mail in these instances must identify the consignment and progress it or declare it lost in transit. Please note that if this involves travel outside the UK you would need to take into account customs and the courier that should transfer it to Royal Mail.

If you are the shipper and it is tracked then likewise, escalate to management and have them complete an investigation and declare the consignment lost or progress to delivery.

If you purchased untracked and your the sender, you took the risk of loss and should not have been cheap. If you are receiving, then until you receive delivery your sender if liable.
Original post by cheadle
Have you exhausted the complaints system within the Royal Mail?
yes i have
Original post by Rakas21
Royal Mail are a private firm.
If Tracked then contact your shipper and ask them to request an investigation via Royal Mail, it is your shippers responsibility to complete delivery or provide you with a refund. Royal Mail in these instances must identify the consignment and progress it or declare it lost in transit. Please note that if this involves travel outside the UK you would need to take into account customs and the courier that should transfer it to Royal Mail.
If you are the shipper and it is tracked then likewise, escalate to management and have them complete an investigation and declare the consignment lost or progress to delivery.
If you purchased untracked and your the sender, you took the risk of loss and should not have been cheap. If you are receiving, then until you receive delivery your sender if liable.
These are various ongoing issues and they just keep sending me standard stupid replies that don't actually answer my questions and the problems still persist. Now stuck what to do.
Reply 6
Original post by Kutie Karen
These are various ongoing issues and they just keep sending me standard stupid replies that don't actually answer my questions and the problems still persist. Now stuck what to do.

Are you the seller or receiving and is this a letter from somebody or something you purchased online.
Original post by Rakas21
Are you the seller or receiving and is this a letter from somebody or something you purchased online.
Our post is going missing and receiving other peoples post includign tracked post which had all the correct details.
Original post by Kutie Karen
I have had several problems with the Royal Mail and they keep fobbing me off and not answering my questions. Can I take it to my MP to help?
Best thing you could do is send him a dated letter and write "See how long this took to reach you... !!!".
Original post by mathperson
Best thing you could do is send him a dated letter and write "See how long this took to reach you... !!!".
:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending