The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I've applied for History and German and just got an offer from Manchester today! yey :biggrin:
Reply 2
Where have you got offers from OP?
Reply 3
Yay. I just got an offer to do History and Sociology at Bangor and History and Politics at Keele. =D
Reply 4
Leeds (AAA) and Newcaste (AAB)
Reply 5
hiya everyone :smile:
ive applied for history to ucl, kcl, lse, queen mary, but no reply yet :frown: (except for acknowledgements)
anyone got offers from these colleges yet??
Reply 6
becky=)
Yay. I just got an offer to do History and Sociology at Bangor and History and Politics at Keele. =D

Which one are you going to go for?

I know which one I'd pick!
harper_92
Hi I've applied for History and German and just got an offer from Manchester today! yey :biggrin:

Congratulations! I am applying for the same course (German & History) :smile: Where else are you applying?
the_secret_billionaire
This is for people like me who have applied for History in 2010. :smile:.

Feel free to share your offers and thoughts.

Ive got 4 offers out of 5 as i have not heard from one of them yet. So am over the moon as my application was sent to UCAS about a month ago and they have replied so quickly.

So share your thoughts here:

Where have you applied?

I applied to Oxford (Oriel), Durham, King's London, Exeter and Sheffield.

So far just got an offer from Sheffield (AAA) and confirmations from some of the others... Plus did the HAT for Oxford today.
Reply 9
FourZeroTwo
Which one are you going to go for?

I know which one I'd pick!

Well since this post I've also got an offer from Chester and Lancaster so I'm going to firm Lancaster (ABB) and put Keele as my insurance (BBC). So hopefully I'll get the grades!! x
Reply 10
davedave4619
Congratulations! I am applying for the same course (German & History) :smile: Where else are you applying?

Oh wow yey :smile: you're the first History and German I've come across on here except myself of course.
I've applied to Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford and Durham. Edinburgh is my first choice :smile:
Well done on your Nottingham offer! What's your first choice?
harper_92
Oh wow yey :smile: you're the first History and German I've come across on here except myself of course.
I've applied to Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford and Durham. Edinburgh is my first choice :smile:
Well done on your Nottingham offer! What's your first choice?

Haha yeah same that's why I'm interested in your choices! Thanks - I was pretty pleased to get an offer in the bag. The history side of things seems to slow down the offers...

My top choice is probably Edinburgh or Exeter, but if i got an offer for Durham I might be unable to resist it :wink:
Reply 12
yh it does, I guess we are doing a really popular subject and a really unpopular subject together.

I'm just so impatient and the wait for the Edinburgh offer/rejection will be hard.
NotManyExperts
Where have you applied?

So far just got an offer from Sheffield (AAA) and confirmations from some of the others... Plus did the HAT for Oxford today.

I've also applied to Oriel for history! :smile:

What did you rate of the HAT? PM me? :biggrin:

Anyway I've had two offers, both AAA from Sheffield and Leeds, rather happy although I've not visited Sheffield and I didn't LOVE Leeds: we shall wait and see...

And OP, congrats on 4 offers!!
Has anyone had their offers filter through on their UCAS tracking? I've got acknowledgments from Oxford, LSE, York and Exeter, but my offer from Liverpool hasn't appeared. Most of the features on the site never seem to work so I can't even read the 'Help' section.

How'd everyone find the HAT?
harper_92
yh it does, I guess we are doing a really popular subject and a really unpopular subject together.

I'm just so impatient and the wait for the Edinburgh offer/rejection will be hard.

Yeah definetly. It's the best university out of my list in terms of international reputation, and I love the Scottish system which will allow me to take up another language in the first and second years ::yes:

I hope the long wait results in offers for us both... see you in Edinburgh next year, hopefully :wink:
add another one to the history + german list,

I've applied to:

edinburgh (first choice, got an acknowledgment but no more)

oxford (they assigned me to queen's, the HAT was a killer cause I've been seriously ill

manchester (got a conditional but they cacked it up and said they wanted six points in french at Higher Level - I'm doing the IB but haven't studied french in ages, they obviously meant german)

dundee (got a conditional offer)

bristol (nothing as yet)

I'm just kinda scared cause the requirements unis make on IB students are ridiculously high....plus I've been ill so now I have to catch up, which doesn't help. Hopefully edinburgh will make a nice offer.
Reply 17
randomsquires
add another one to the history + german list,

I've applied to:

edinburgh (first choice, got an acknowledgment but no more)

oxford (they assigned me to queen's, the HAT was a killer cause I've been seriously ill

manchester (got a conditional but they cacked it up and said they wanted six points in french at Higher Level - I'm doing the IB but haven't studied french in ages, they obviously meant german)

dundee (got a conditional offer)

bristol (nothing as yet)

I'm just kinda scared cause the requirements unis make on IB students are ridiculously high....plus I've been ill so now I have to catch up, which doesn't help. Hopefully edinburgh will make a nice offer.

Another History and German! I now know of three other people applying for it - I thought I was the only one for a while.

I've also applied for Edinburgh, Oxford (assigned Pembroke) and Manchester. Edinburgh is also my first choice and the offers tend to be low (for Alevels BBB) so they def get the people they want. I also have an offer for Manchester :smile:

There was a box on the HAT test letting you explain any circumstances that might affect your performance, so your teachers probably filled that in, if not you should contact your college letting them know.

Good luck with your app :smile:
Reply 18
NotManyExperts

:grin: Switch Sheffield for UCL and those are the exact same places I applied to. Very good taste :yep:
Reply 19
I've applied for History 2010

Warwick - Offer AAB :smile:
Exeter - Acknowledged
Bristol - Acknowledged
Oxford (Lincoln College) - Acknowledged
Southampton - Offer AAB

I loved Warwick so I'm very pleased :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending