The Student Room Group

Saturday/Part Time Jobs.

hello peeps, i have a little worry concerning part time work when i start college.

if any of you are in college and have saturday/part time jobs...
i was wondering how you manage free time, evening and during the day, to see your friends.

because i'm worried that i will never see my friends after i start work and college :|

please help me lol, thanks xxx :p:
Well, I only work 4 hours a week cleaning and it's fine. I also babysit every now and again - that can take away my evenings nearer Christmas, but it's fine if I just do my homework when I get it/in free periods.
i used to work an average of 18 hours a week (9-6 saturday and sunday) with evening shifts available during the week and some check in days (worked on a holiday park) which was monday and friday afternoons, i saw my friends when i wasnt working or at college and did my work in free periods or when i had free time
Reply 3
I work on a rota with a couple of other people on Sundays- works relatively well for me and doesn't really have an impact on my social life ^^ I realise that's not always possible depending on the job, but it's well worth looking into.
Reply 4
Use your free periods wisely :smile: I work after school so I still have my weekends luckily. I do occasionally miss out on social events however money's money at the end of the day and when you get your pay check it will feel worth it. In fact the money I earn pays for me going out so I probably go out more than I used to so it all evens out in the end. In a nutshell you won't miss out on much!

Latest

Trending

Trending