The Student Room Group

Ao dwp cfcd

Hi, does anyone currently (or previously) work for DWP as an AO in CFCD?

I have a provisional offer and just wanted an idea of what the role would be like day to day. Is it essentially a call centre type role or will it be more mixed?

Also when working part time, can you still accrue flexi?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh don’t work at a call centre. A 9-5 hell.
Reply 2
How did this go for you? I am in this position now and curious. Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Lc-85
How did this go for you? I am in this position now and curious. Thanks.

I have only just started, will you be in CFCD specifically ? If so, there are quite a few different areas. Some areas have more telephone work than others. In regards to part time / flexi, you can accrue flexi. Training is between 4-8 wks. When do you start?
Reply 4
Original post by Cmaze
I have only just started, will you be in CFCD specifically ? If so, there are quite a few different areas. Some areas have more telephone work than others. In regards to part time / flexi, you can accrue flexi. Training is between 4-8 wks. When do you start?

Ao admin officer for cfcd. I don’t have a date yet. I am ok with the training but hopefully they have part time positions. Was the training all in house? I am hoping it’s not call Center type. Thanks for your response
Reply 5
Original post by Lc-85
Ao admin officer for cfcd. I don’t have a date yet. I am ok with the training but hopefully they have part time positions. Was the training all in house? I am hoping it’s not call Center type. Thanks for your response

I am only a few days in, but yes I believe it will all be in-house. If you need part time, I would suggest you ask asap. Before a contract is sent out. I asked after the provisional offer, but before the formal offer and they were ok with it. I don’t think it will be (call centre), but I imagine there will be some elements of phone work in all areas. I’m based in London, how about you?
Reply 6
Original post by Cmaze
I am only a few days in, but yes I believe it will all be in-house. If you need part time, I would suggest you ask asap. Before a contract is sent out. I asked after the provisional offer, but before the formal offer and they were ok with it. I don’t think it will be (call centre), but I imagine there will be some elements of phone work in all areas. I’m based in London, how about you?

I am ok with working on the phone but I am hoping it’s varied. That’s great they gave you part time. I will say to them about part time thanks for that! I wish they would communicate better 🤣. I am based in Scotland. Did you get to choose your hours?
Hi I had an interview for this position 2 weeks ago. How long did they take to get back to you, telling you, you were successful? And how did the process go after that point?
I keep checking my emails…
thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Mellissapaige
Hi I had an interview for this position 2 weeks ago. How long did they take to get back to you, telling you, you were successful? And how did the process go after that point?
thanks

It was a very long process, had my interview in October. Found out in December that I was successful, but on the reserve list. In February I was offered a different location or stay on the reserve list for my original choice. I chose to take the different location. I hope that helps.
Reply 9
thanks

Is this for me?
Original post by Cmaze
It was a very long process, had my interview in October. Found out in December that I was successful, but on the reserve list. In February I was offered a different location or stay on the reserve list for my original choice. I chose to take the different location. I hope that helps.

Ok thank you gives me more of a hope for the future… maybe one day 🤔
Original post by Lc-85
Is this for me?

Was asking everyone as you have all been through the process? Thank you
Reply 12
Was asking everyone as you have all been through the process? Thank you

Ok no worries. I had an interview pre recorded. Three weeks after I got my feedback. Few days later they asked me for my right to work details. They have not offered me employment but their communication has not been great and from what I have gathered from others they will offer a provisional offer. It’s a strange process. Good luck.
I am on the reserve list for this role and hope to get contacted. I've had a few other interviews in other cs departments.since but unsuccessful unfortunately. Fingers crossed. There's a bit of hope hearing some people got their jobs via reserve list
Reply 14
Good luck and fingers crossed you hear soon.
Reply 15
Hi can I ask how your position is going and what hours you requested as cfcd as an ao. Just been offered the position. Thanks
Original post by Cmaze
Hi, does anyone currently (or previously) work for DWP as an AO in CFCD?

I have a provisional offer and just wanted an idea of what the role would be like day to day. Is it essentially a call centre type role or will it be more mixed?

Also when working part time, can you still accrue flexi?

Thanks

Hi, are you currently working at DWP?
Reply 17
Hi this might be the wrong thread but if anyone knows anything about this I’d be very grateful!! I recently got offered a role as CFCD AO and the ‘DWP department hours are stated as

“You will be paid for 42 hours per week. You will be required to work 37 hours per week after any daily lunch break.

The contracted working hours for the Department are 07:45 hours to 20:00 hours, Monday to Friday, and 08:45 hours to 17:00 hours on Saturday.”

Is this an accurate reflection of working as CFCD or is this the general whole DWP timing as I am not based in job Centre etc. I thought CFCD was generally 9-5 Monday to Friday?

Thank you for your time in advance 😭
Reply 18
Original post by HK.PK.UK
Hi this might be the wrong thread but if anyone knows anything about this I’d be very grateful!! I recently got offered a role as CFCD AO and the ‘DWP department hours are stated as

“You will be paid for 42 hours per week. You will be required to work 37 hours per week after any daily lunch break.

The contracted working hours for the Department are 07:45 hours to 20:00 hours, Monday to Friday, and 08:45 hours to 17:00 hours on Saturday.”

Is this an accurate reflection of working as CFCD or is this the general whole DWP timing as I am not based in job Centre etc. I thought CFCD was generally 9-5 Monday to Friday?

Hi,
My contract said the same, but I don’t work Saturday’s. CFCD, tend to do Mon - Fri. I have only ever worked at the weekend, if I’m doing overtime, which is optional.
Original post by HK.PK.UK

Hi im starting very soon in the same position, im assuming you applied for the same mass hiring ad they had up a few months ago?

My contract stated the exact same stuff
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending