The Student Room Group

Makro Job Interview

I've just had a phone call from Makro which is a cash and carry store offering me a job interview for a 20 hour part time job.

What sort of questions will they ask me? What should I wear? :confused: I need to make sure I get this job, I've been trying to find a job all over the place for more than 4 Months..

I've just started my AS levels, would this part time 20 hour job affect my studys?

Thanks.
Reply 1
What's the job title? I'm guessing it'll be 4 5 hour shifts a week? More than I would take on.
Reply 2
andy_1989
What's the job title? I'm guessing it'll be 4 5 hour shifts a week? More than I would take on.

I'll be working on the tills. It's 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday and 4 hours on Wednesday and Friday.
Reply 3
I worked at Tesco for a while on the till, fairly standard questions at my interview, explain a position of power/authority you've held, examples of team work, previous experience.
Reply 4
Original post by andy_1989

hi i know this post is very old, but it is the only one i could find about makro! i am in the same position, been offered a christmas temp job but cant do monday evening i i told the lady who interviewed me and she said this is fine.
how flexible are makro ? plus did you get the job?
Reply 5
Original post by JAgg
I've just had a phone call from Makro which is a cash and carry store offering me a job interview for a 20 hour part time job.

What sort of questions will they ask me? What should I wear? :confused: I need to make sure I get this job, I've been trying to find a job all over the place for more than 4 Months..

I've just started my AS levels, would this part time 20 hour job affect my studys?

Thanks.

hi i know this post is very old, but it is the only one i could find about makro! i am in the same position, been offered a christmas temp job but cant do monday evening i i told the lady who interviewed me and she said this is fine.
Reply 6
Original post by Boro_gal

I am at M&S as well, and Makro said they would fit around my hours there. I ended up with the same shift at each store, so I simply swapped the shift with another member of staff. Did you accept the job?
Reply 7
I got an e-mail from Makro about a job I applied for:

'We have been unable to get in touch with you to discuss this vacancy further and therefore will assume that you no longer wish to be considered for this role.'

As its a 'donotreply' address, how would I let them know I am still interested? Im confused as I dont have any missed calls or anything, or is this just another way of saying I am rejected?
Reply 8
Original post by Leoroary
I got an e-mail from Makro about a job I applied for:

'We have been unable to get in touch with you to discuss this vacancy further and therefore will assume that you no longer wish to be considered for this role.'

As its a 'donotreply' address, how would I let them know I am still interested? Im confused as I dont have any missed calls or anything, or is this just another way of saying I am rejected?

I would ring the store directly, and ask for hr. Which store is it?
Reply 9
Original post by andy_1989

Buffer clothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending