The Student Room Group

Err, next year's subjects

Being at college; I need to reapply early for the Higher courses, due to the volume of applicants.

I'm reapplying as a saftey net, just incase things go horribly wrong this year and I miss all my uni offers :biggrin:. (If you fail a higher, does it count if you resit it and pass?)

This year I'm in the Higher Science programme at college, which is basically where you've picked all/most of your subjects in the scienc-y area, so it's a bit dull in terms of variety.

I'm currently doing:
[INDENT]

English

Maths

Human Biology

Chemistry

Psychology

(All Highers)

[/INDENT]

And next year, depending if I miss all my uni offers, I'd like to do:
[INDENT]

Higher Maths/English/Chemistry (Resits)

Higher Physics

Higher Sociology

Higher Modern Studies

[/INDENT]

I'm hoping to do Chemistry at uni, but I'd like to swoon about in the humanities subjects (NO AHs!!! :lolwut:), do you think I'd be ok with those subs?
Reply 1
A lot of my friends took Sociology this year, and they say it's really boring. I wouldn't bother unless you were really interested.
Reply 2
Vitamin D
A lot of my friends took Sociology this year, and they say it's really boring. I wouldn't bother unless you were really interested.

Ah :s-smilie: It's like that for Psychology too.
Reply 3
I would recommend higher history instead of sociology. MS + history is a good combo.
Reply 4
Seconding Higher History :] It's hard, but it gives you good skills... And all of that guff.
Reply 5
Yeah, but the college only offer the Higher History course as a night class, which means I'd only get 3 hours of the sub a week :s-smilie:
Reply 6
That's ridiculous :frown: I get about 6 hours, doing 2 topics at a time, and we're finding it pretty challenging to keep up with the schedule.
I would say that sounds pretty good. My sister loved Sociology, and ended up doing a module in it at university in her Social Work course - I'd say try it. It might not be for everyone, but it might end up being ideal for you.
Reply 8
Right, this:

Higher Physics OR Biotechnology

AH English

Higher Sociology with Int 2 History. (Don't ask).

Or, maybe a HNC Applied Science with Mathematics...

Latest

Trending

Trending