The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
indie_couture
mainly be healthy, though i wouldnt mind losing a bt of weight. I am addicted to anything sugary and sweet, so trying to eat more fruit. I have given up chocolate for lent too :smile: Also it might mean i run better if i eat better. xxx

Good luck with that. :smile: You're a good runner too. :biggrin:
does running improve skin complexion? i find that my face looks much fresher and hydrated after i've been running (and remains that way till the next day).
Reply 382
Isometrix
does running improve skin complexion? i find that my face looks much fresher and hydrated after i've been running (and remains that way till the next day).

Sweating helps remove crappy toxins and stuff in your skin I guess and then you're also having to drink water to rehydrate, which also aids that process I guess. :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 383
Did a 8km run today and I can definitely feel it becoming easier. Think I might start running a little faster to push myself a little more.

I really regret not going in for my towns' half-marathon too :frown:
Got to go the gym to run, haven't had much time recently, I'm doing the race for life in June and there's now way I'm going to be able to jog it as this rate!
Isometrix

I find that my skin's better when I'm running regularly, it feels like all the crap's being forced out of it because I sweat so much.

9 days since I last ran, and I'm having a huge breakout at the moment.
Reply 386
Benny_b
Anyone done this: http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/index.htm ??

I did a half marathon last year, looking to do a couple more this coming summer and thinking about the 'hell run'. Fitness at a massive all time low atm though, third year uni + winter = zero running! Sun is starting to appear again now though :biggrin:

I did the one down south last year, really good atmosphere and a great event. Think it is becoming more popular as they now have 2 events on the day in both the south and the north.

Are you thinking of doing it next year?
Reply 387
I was wondering if there is a society for running.

If there is could somebody direct me to it.....

thanks.....
Going to do a fast 15-20m run before step class tonight.
Then maybe instead of spinning tomorrow i will do a proper gym workout - treadmill/crosstrainer/bike etc.
Anyone got any tips of stopping blisters on my feet? I don't jog too often because I row so I'm normally on an ergo, but on the occasions that I want a double session I'll jog, and it always messes up my feet. I've tried jogging with 3 different pairs of shoes with socks of different thickness but I'm still getting blisters in the same place on both my feet.
Ran 4km at the gym today in 35 mins.

I'm hoping to beat that on Friday.
i am slightly annoyed with myself, had an apple then had a bit of dried cereal, 48cal shortbread and a teeny bit of flapjack this aftrenoon but im going to the gym so will burn that and more off running. Then got step! best be off!!
indie_couture
i am slightly annoyed with myself, had an apple then had a bit of dried cereal, 48cal shortbread and a teeny bit of flapjack this aftrenoon but im going to the gym so will burn that and more off running. Then got step! best be off!!

Why are you annoyed with yourself?
indie_couture

That doesn't sound too bad, I ended up having 4 chocolate things and half a muffin at our staff meeting yesterday when I'd not long had breakfast :o:
Reply 394
primaverasnap
Anyone got any tips of stopping blisters on my feet? I don't jog too often because I row so I'm normally on an ergo, but on the occasions that I want a double session I'll jog, and it always messes up my feet. I've tried jogging with 3 different pairs of shoes with socks of different thickness but I'm still getting blisters in the same place on both my feet.

May sound odd, but are you tieing your shoes up properly? I do mine a little tighter than normal and I stopped getting them (either coincidence or the cause for me).
Reply 395
12 miles。。。。in 1 hour and 49 minutes。。。。。one first major excercise since the death of Michael Jackson。。。。。。
im trying to be healthy. I cant help eating anything sweet. Like after tea i had 2 flapjacks my sister made and some fruit cake.
Its annoying cos the rest of the day is good, breakfast: porridge, lunch: veg soup, bread and yoghurt and then i ruin it.

any advice? its not as though i even want it, just cos its there!
Xtrm2Matt
May sound odd, but are you tieing your shoes up properly? I do mine a little tighter than normal and I stopped getting them (either coincidence or the cause for me).

I've tried loosening and tightening them but still get blisters. :frown:

Anyone got any other tips?
indie_couture
im trying to be healthy. I cant help eating anything sweet. Like after tea i had 2 flapjacks my sister made and some fruit cake.
Its annoying cos the rest of the day is good, breakfast: porridge, lunch: veg soup, bread and yoghurt and then i ruin it.

any advice? its not as though i even want it, just cos its there!

You're not ruining it. Your body needs sat fats, unsat fats, sugars, and salts.

I think some people assume that the best runners have nothing at all on them, when in fact strong muscles give you a massive advantage with regards to form in the latter half of the race, and also when sprinting.
primaverasnap
I've tried loosening and tightening them but still get blisters. :frown:

Anyone got any other tips?

my mate swears by zinc oxide tape, so maybe give that a go; ive never tried it though.

went for a run yesterday, and got one planned for tomorrow before work. speedy 3.5k hilly runs FTW :biggrin:

Latest