The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chrisateen
:ditto: I usually wear nike dry fit tops and running tights which helps a bit and usually wear sleeveless tops. Only suggestion is to find clothing that absorbs sweat a lot better (A running t-shirt perhaps??)

Yeah the nike dry fit tops are the best, although any sporty material is good i wear random football teams shirts sometimes cos I get bored easily aha. Can't comment on running tights though :colondollar:
Original post by mrshinyshoes
Yeah the nike dry fit tops are the best, although any sporty material is good i wear random football teams shirts sometimes cos I get bored easily aha.

I sometimes wear football tops too. Only because I've "lost" 2 of my running tops.
Original post by kka25
lol. I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts .

Any suggestion to improve my sports attire is very welcome :smile:

A simple cotton t-shirt should not be getting so heavy that you can't run. I think you just need to realize its normal and deal with it. If it really bothers you, synthetic sports tops absorb less sweat and are lighter to begin with.
Reply 4403
Original post by nexttime
A simple cotton t-shirt should not be getting so heavy that you can't run. I think you just need to realize its normal and deal with it. If it really bothers you, synthetic sports tops absorb less sweat and are lighter to begin with.

I'd put that in mind. Thanks :smile:
Did 19:16 in today's Parkrun, meaning my last three times have been 19:18, 19:18 and 19:16. Consistent, but some improvements would be nice...:erm:
Original post by KingMessi
Did 19:16 in today's Parkrun, meaning my last three times have been 19:18, 19:18 and 19:16. Consistent, but some improvements would be nice...:erm:

Good stuff, consistency is key. If those times have all been in the last month it's actually quite impressive. Where's your regular run?

This morning I finally joined the sub-17 club at Hampstead Heath on my third attempt :biggrin: I'm usually quicker over 5K, but that course is a killer.
Original post by rockrunride
Good stuff, consistency is key. If those times have all been in the last month it's actually quite impressive. Where's your regular run?

This morning I finally joined the sub-17 club at Hampstead Heath on my third attempt :biggrin: I'm usually quicker over 5K, but that course is a killer.

Ha, thanks. They've actually been in the last three weeks on three consecutive Saturdays. My regular run is Bushy Park, but I'm trying to add more variation so I've done Gunnersbury Parkrun the past two weeks, and I intend to do Kingston Parkrun, Wimbledon Common Parkrun, Milton Keynes Parkrun, Old Deer Park, Richmond Park and Northampton over the summer months.

Congratulations on a pretty impressive time. What's your PB for 5K?
I would love to do a park run; but am not willing to travel 40 miles to get there. :frown:

Well done! :biggrin: Like mentioned, consistency is good! It's better than doing much worse at least. Sadly, I can't help you improve, but see how things go the next few times while researching some good ways to improve.

Good luck!
Original post by OU Student
I would love to do a park run; but am not willing to travel 40 miles to get there. :frown:

wow, that's a long way to travel. i thought they wanted to make it accessible for everyone... is there not enough interest round where you live?
All cross and out of sorts tonight so went for a run. Running round the Downs in the pitch black is a really REALLY stupid idea. Just in case anyone else wanted to try.
Does anyone have any experience with either products (either exact or similar)? I'd just like to know how well they fit to the body.

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=8311

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=8318

Thank you.
Original post by magdaplaysbass
wow, that's a long way to travel. i thought they wanted to make it accessible for everyone... is there not enough interest round where you live?

It's been brought up at running club a few times now. But I don't think there are any plans to do one. Bit of a pity really; as I'm sure there would be a big interest.
Original post by OU Student

Same! I get a Saturday off work in a couple of months time though so I might travel to one (or any race for that matter) then.
Wow - the watching the women's London marathon atm - they did the first 5K in 17:06 :eek: And that's not even particularly quick for them...
Wow - the watching the women's London marathon atm - they did the first 5K in 17:06 :eek: And that's not even particularly quick for them...

:lolwut:

I know, it makes the mind boggle.

I've just tuned in; what time does the main event start?
I know, it makes the mind boggle.

I've just tuned in; what time does the main event start?

The men went off at quarter to.
Original post by Cirsium
The men went off at quarter to.

Thank you. :smile: The men's last mile: 4:59...:lolwut:
Here's a nice list of ways to alter your running, pretty good list really
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/63-running-ideas/

I've been running for just over a year now myself, did a few 4.5ks last week mon-wed and a 12k on thursday in just over an hour. Loving it again, though I tore my calf just over a year ago and stress fractured my foot in December so it's been tough maintaining any fitness while they recover.

Latest