The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, i applied for mechanical engineering and have an interview on the 25th Nov. Have they contacted you?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I applied for general engineering, and have an interview on the 25th aswell
Reply 3
Josh-H
Just wondering as I'm hoping for one at the moment and havn't actually seen anyone talking about Engineering at Warwick.

Thanks.

I have an interview on the 4th of February too!!! :smile:
Reply 4
Peajay13
Hey, i applied for mechanical engineering and have an interview on the 25th Nov. Have they contacted you?

Hey everyone, I actually have an interview now :smile: February 4th. Seems like miles away.

@Sharkbait, wow. Probably see you around then!
Reply 5
I've got an interveiw too now :smile: the only thing is, i mainly applied for maths degrees, but i also applied for warwick engineering. do you think that because my ps being geared towards maths will severly decrease my chances? i hope not
Reply 6
I have an interview 25th Nov.
whats everyone doing for the household object thing??
Reply 7
I'm applying for MMORSE and I got a letter asking for an interview today on the 2nd.
Reply 8
General Engineering on 25th Nov. See you guys there.
Reply 9
Yeah what are people doing for the object they like?

Also what kind of thing is everyone wearing? cos I think it's pretty informal but don't want to turn up too casual
Reply 10
I'm General Engineering on 25th Nov too :smile:

Really not sure on the object thing, might look around my house for inspiration...

Jeans and a shirt? Smart casual like.
Reply 11
I'm not sure if I have an offer but I got a semi personal letter from Warwick today; it basically said they're processing my application and gave me a list of societies/events that I would be interested in as I expressed an interest in them in my personal statement(e.g. math society). Has anyone had the same; does it mean I have an offer?(I mean if they send you a letter saying "we are looking at your application and here's a list of things you should be interested in once you are studying with us" and then say "sorry, to have sent this letter showing you how great we are but actually we are rejecting you" wouldn't that seem a bit... mean on their part lol?)
Anyway good luck to all of you with an interview( I can't really get one as I'm currently studying in France).
Reply 12
Wore jeans and a shirt to an interview at bath, and almost felt overdressed, i dont think it matters alot what you wear, as they gave us all offers and people came in tracksuits and hoodies, see general engineers tomorrow :smile: Also whats the household object thing your talking about, I looked through all the letters warwick sent and couldnt see a mention of it?
I had an interview and got an offer in late october (took about 4 weeks to come through track.) Halfway through the waiting i got the 'we're looking at your application and here's some things you might be interested in' letter. I knew i had an offer though cos i was told at interview.
If you have one good luck, and tbh its probably one of the most casual interviews you'll have. They also said they only interview those who they are considering for offers.
As for the 'bring an object from home,' i just took photos and project work of my GCSE resistant materials work. Was never asked about it though so theres not really any need to stress.
oh and it really doesnt matter what you wear; but as always its advisable to not be scruffy. A fair number of people wore smart clothes and shirts; but i wore jeans and a hoody and did fine :biggrin:
how did ur guys interview go for today. what questions did they ask. i got an interview on the 2nd dec. n i ******* my pants.
Reply 16
victor_b1992
how did ur guys interview go for today. what questions did they ask. i got an interview on the 2nd dec. n i ******* my pants.

Seriously, the interview was nothing. I literally got asked why I liked Engineering and that was it. The rest of it was just talking about the campus and she was talking about the climbing wall and stuff. I didnt realy see the point of it.
so wen will u gt a reply
they said up to 6 weeks at my interview; it came through in about 3.
Unperfect
I'm not sure if I have an offer but I got a semi personal letter from Warwick today; it basically said they're processing my application and gave me a list of societies/events that I would be interested in as I expressed an interest in them in my personal statement(e.g. math society). Has anyone had the same; does it mean I have an offer?(I mean if they send you a letter saying "we are looking at your application and here's a list of things you should be interested in once you are studying with us" and then say "sorry, to have sent this letter showing you how great we are but actually we are rejecting you" wouldn't that seem a bit... mean on their part lol?)
Anyway good luck to all of you with an interview( I can't really get one as I'm currently studying in France).

i gt this letter 2 man n i had my interview on the 2nd dec. wen iam gonna gt a replay man.

Latest