The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would imagine that many people see science and physicality as a default, since it's largely undeniable and totally tangible. As such, the question - for them - isn't why they are atheists, but why others are religions. It is, afterall, religion that requires unprovable, unanswerable faith.
Reply 2
Why are others religious?

God's existence is something that should be assumed untrue and then proved otherwise, rather than the reverse.
Because they have no respect for there creators and will be disowned when they die..
Atheists go to hell.
Reply 5
CookieArun
Because they have no respect for there creators and will be disowned when they die..

is that sarcasm?
Reply 6
Tell me why you're not.
Reply 7
Well I'll tell you why I'm agnostic. I think to prove or disprove the idea of god are two very extreme ends of the sprectrum. I think that somewhere in the middle is the logical place to be.
*you're

I'm not, I worship the English language. :smile:
I see no reason to believe in god so I don't. I think religion is largely a bad thing so I don't subscribe to one.
Reply 10
CookieArun
Atheists go to hell.

God doesn't require you to believe in him, although it is good- he only wants you to treat people with respect and spread the love, help ever and hurt never.
There's no proof.

Pretty simple.
Reply 12
tell me why you can't spell?

it should be you're

geology has a habit of disagreeing with religion...
Because we're crazy weird people who were abused as children, have no morals and want to engage in endless sexual debauchery and look forward to our ticket to hell.
*Refer to Russell's Teapot analogy.
Reply 15
2^1/2
tell me why you can't spell?

it should be you're

geology has a habit of disagreeing with religion...

Im sorry :p:
baba_moon
God doesn't require you to believe in him, although it is good- only to treat people with respect and spread the love, help ever and hurt never.

It wasn't sarcasm, and I agree. Religion exists in humanity, though it's a shame it doesn't exist in devils (atheists).
Also I'm not an athiest I'm an anti-theist. I think people who are religious lack basic intelligence, or are so scared of death that they're quick to jump onto whatever delusion protects their state of mind. Also, religion causes a massive amount of trouble in the world. It's just all-round silly.
Reply 18
jwright91
Well I'll tell you why I'm agnostic. I think to prove or disprove the idea of god are two very extreme ends of the sprectrum. I think that somewhere in the middle is the logical place to be.

But are you an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist?
Pheylan
Plural?

Some religions have more than one God..

Latest

Trending

Trending