The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeh, i did the same questions 2 and 5. wasnt too bad. but u never know how they are going to mark it.
Thought I did really well, but don't wanna be too cocky incase I actually didevery badly...

Did the 1st question on globalisation, and the 5th question too. Didn't revise enough international competitiveness, so did globalisation instead.
Reply 3
Did Globalisation/renewable energy resources and the European integration/single currency.

Part A was fantastic. Part B, not so much. Mind you, I think I did better than I had expected to.
It went very well. :cool:
almalm
yeh, i did the same questions 2 and 5. wasnt too bad. but u never know how they are going to mark it.

i thought unit 6 was an easy paper...the essays were very straight forward. could have done with a bit more time though...as i ran out of time near the end so the last few answers werent really quality, more the rushed type with just about readable handwriting. there was a guy in our class who finished the WHOLE exam in an hour! :eek:
Reply 6
Yeah I rushed the later data response questions a bit, but I thought the essay questions 2 (competitveness) & 3 (protectionism) were the easiest. I did Qs 3, and 5.
Reply 7
Same here... could have done with 10 more mins...

That guy who finished it in an hour... wow... how did he find it? Then again ive been told that its quality not quantity...
I did questions 2 and 5. Question 2 (essay) went very well, question 5 went alright - not great, but not awful either. Was very pushed for time, though.
Reply 9
yeah the time with this paper is pretty crap.
did 2 and 5.
for 2b what kind of stuff did you guys write? I looked at how falling competitiveness would affect all the indicators b of p, inflation, employment etc but evaluation was a bit :s
Reply 10
i did well, but time was crap. wrote like 5 lines for last 10 mark Q! but everything else was ok..
Reply 11
1) What measures effect the international competitiveness of goods and services in the UK? (40)

-real exchange rate
-human captial
-physical captial
-relative unit labour costs
-quality
-price
-other countries price/quality

2) Evaluate the consquences of a fall in the competitiveness of the UK (60)

-current account deficit
-reduction in AD
-increase unemployment
-reduction in government revenue
-increase in government expenditure
-decrease in FDI
-multinationals leaving if long term
-extent of the fall
-negative multiplier effect
-decrease busines confidence, invest less.
-some companies will try to make efficiency improves but will still be at disadvantage
-If fall in competitiveness is due to high exchange rate the firms could benefit from lower raw materials imported costs.
-the UK has a floating exchange rate and so a fall in compt. will result in a lower exchange rate leading to an increase is compt. again.

I wrote some of the above points, in the exam no points were coming to me so I had to ******** quite a lot :mad: .
I thought it was okay though I ran out of time on the very last question, I did question 3 and 5.

Can we get some answers flowing? I can barely remember what I wrote my mind goes blank when I leave the room! The first part of 3 was I think explain why a country would restrict it's imports and the second part was explain the effects on the economy for a country if they use further protectionism.
Reply 13
On question 5 there was one about the trend in trade in services and goods... i wrote about the restructuring of the economy mainly... what other points ?
Spoon
On question 5 there was one about the trend in trade in services and goods... i wrote about the restructuring of the economy mainly... what other points ?

Oh yeah, I hated that question. I wasn't sure exactly what they wanted. Basically, I just described what Figures 3 & 4 showed, then explained how that related to the deficit shown Figure 5 (the UK trade in services and good figure). Also mentioned the exchange rate. But most of it was waffly rubbish! :mad:
Reply 15
I did 2 and 5 :smile:
It was goooood :biggrin:
Reply 16
The paper has a total of 150 marks, and why they say it's 100 marks on Examiner's Report? How much does the essay weigh?
Reply 17
the essay was out of 100, but they divide it by 2 and make it out of 50....sec B is 50 as well so it makes 100! (thats y u meant 2 split ur time in half for both sections)
Reply 18
I see, thanks. But I only wrote 2 and half pages for the whole essay though I think I put down everything I could. I think it was some language restriction. I could never write pages of stuff as much as English people do though I get as many marks as they do normally. But I am still worried, because it was really a bit too short for that...
Reply 19
i wrote about 4and 3/4 pages for the wholes essaay. overal went good:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending