The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think you're *supposed* to have eight glasses of water a day. It's generally recommended that athletes have that amount or more. But recently some studies have shown that too much water - hyponatremia - (big long word :smile: ) can also be dangerous. http://www.jnj.com/news/jnj_news/20031030_105713.htm
Reply 21
I deff. don't drink enough water!! :frown: I'm more of a Diet Coke person. :wink:
Reply 22
it should be 8 glasses but i dont drink anything like that much
Reply 23
I drink about 6-7 litres a day, but thats with working physically through the day and including 2 1 hour workouts most days. I sweat about 3 litres a day O_o.
Reply 24
Lamarr
I drink about 6-7 litres a day, but thats with working physically through the day and including 2 1 hour workouts most days. I sweat about 3 litres a day O_o.

geez when i was on d of e/10 tors i was only told to drink 4 litres a day :eek:
Reply 25
There's an old saying about water, based on an ancient tv advert for guinness. Goes something like this.

"Water. Looks good. Tastes good. And by golly it DOES you good."

providing you put enough whiskey in it.
I drink about 1.5 litres a day, which is one of the big bottles. However, because of the warm weather i've been drinking more than that of late.
Reply 27
Amanda
I deff. don't drink enough water!! :frown: I'm more of a Diet Coke person. :wink:
you do know diet coke is like 99% water?
yeah but it has artificial sweetners that can be very bad for you....

...i speak as someone who drinks waaaaay too much diet coke :frown:
Reply 29
I sometimes drink only 1 glass of water a day...im just not thirstly. But then ill have times when ill frink about 10 big glasses in a row till my stomach hurts as i feel thirsty
Reply 30
I'm lucky if I drink any water a day!
Reply 31
2 litres
Reply 32
The average amount you need each day is 2 litres but if its hot you will need more.
Ignore all the *******s you see in adverts about how great water is and how you should drink loads. Everything you put in your gob is mostly water. You don't need to sit there chugging the stuff. Some people get really hung up on counting the mls.
Let me get this streight, does 1 glass roughly equal 1 litre or what?

I heard your're suppost to drink 8 glasses a day
Reply 35
No, 1 glass is about 3-400ml, at a guess.
Reply 36
1 glass is 250ml.

i use pint glasses though and i get through about 3-4 so thats about 2 litres.

Latest

Trending

Trending