The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll be applying in a few weeks...
Reply 2
What is going to be your major ?
Reply 3
how exaclty do you apply there is there an online application programme before you can send your school transcripts?
Reply 4
There is an online application ,after you complete it you can send your transcripts
zoo91
What is going to be your major ?

Economics or Finance.

How bout you?
Reply 6
Biology
Reply 7
I got to the point where they tell me to choose my majors - and they don't allow me to proceed unless I have two choices. The thing is, I can't pick a second choice - there's no button or whatsoever for that. Help?
Reply 8
I can answer that question after I apply
Mikaila
I got to the point where they tell me to choose my majors - and they don't allow me to proceed unless I have two choices. The thing is, I can't pick a second choice - there's no button or whatsoever for that. Help?

Send them an email, must be some sort of glitch.

I'll be applying around January (2009's been my unlucky year so meh), gives me time to work on the Supp. Forms.

Would be uber awesome if I got an offer before April, then I can possibly visit the Olympics during the summer.
Reply 10
Converg&#477
Send them an email, must be some sort of glitch.

I'll be applying around January (2009's been my unlucky year so meh), gives me time to work on the Supp. Forms.

Would be uber awesome if I got an offer before April, then I can possibly visit the Olympics during the summer.

Do Canadian universities give conditional offers ?
zoo91
Do Canadian universities give conditional offers ?

Yeah, but mostly unconditional if you're doing A levels.
Reply 12
Converg&#477
Yeah, but mostly unconditional if you're doing A levels.

Do they make decisions after the application deadline ?
zoo91
Do they make decisions after the application deadline ?

No, tad earlier. A friend of mine applied to UBC's business program last year while he going to write his AS in May/ June '09. He applied in the last week of Feb (few weeks away from deadline, as he told me). Turns out, due to his awesome IGCSE grades (7A*,1B in the Cambridge curriculum) and decent AS predicted grades (think it was AAAB), he got an unconditional offer in mid march, which is shockingly just a few weeks after he applied. The reason he got such a quick offer besides the factor of grades, is possibly becuase his application went under review at the time when the admissions office were working at their peak moment. You should have it easier as you've already met their admission requirements last year (they only require AS grades), so they have a way easier job assessing you (told to me by the UBC Admissions office).

Do note that UBC is just about the only Canadian university that I can think of that truly understands the British Curriculum. Most admission officers in other universities that I spoken to just simply quoted off their admissions prospectus when I asked them about their requirements. This could be the main reason why they're able to make really quick decisions for AS and A level candidates. McGill is also really aware about the British Curriculum and dish out offers around March/ April. Do check that out as well.

Good Luck!
Reply 14
Thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Anyone applied for postgrad? It's a bit weird because in UBC, their MEng degree is specifically for students who don't want to do a PhD, and their Masc degree is for people that intend to, but here in the UK an MEng is perfectly okay for progressing to a PhD. I got a 1st in my MEng from Imperial, but when I emailed a lecturer at UBC to express my interest in doing a PhD with him, he told me that was just "a good start". Funny, because when I went for an interview at Oxford, they seemed the opposite. Didn't realise UBC was so exclusive...

Anyway, anyone else waiting for a response? They haven't even updated my application page to let me know that they've received my documents. Ah well, the application only cost $150, what do I expect! Anyone have an idea when we will get responses, or at least have the application status change from incomplete to received?
Reply 16
Mikaila

I also want to apply for an Acct/Finance course at UBC, so do I just apply for the Commerce general program?

And I'm studying in an international school that does both the American and British systems.Most of my friends send everything, but my grades in the last year werent good(in previous years they were decent).So in the initial online application I'm going to put British Patterned education and AP's.So do I have to still send transcripts?Should I select the ' American high school' part? Also how does the applying procedure work? I repeated my AS exams in Jan, so will I be able to include my results in the app in time? And I'm doing TOEFL on Feb 21st. Will it hurt my app if I send results after about 20 days(time taken to recieve them) and how do I send them?
Reply 17
zoo91
Has anybody applied to UBC ?

I also want to apply for an Acct/Finance course at UBC, so do I just apply for the Commerce general program?

And I'm studying in an international school that does both the American and British systems.Most of my friends send everything, but my grades in the last year werent good(in previous years they were decent).So in the initial online application I'm going to put British Patterned education and AP's.So do I have to still send transcripts?Should I select the ' American high school' part? Also how does the applying procedure work? I repeated my AS exams in Jan, so will I be able to include my results in the app in time? And I'm doing TOEFL on Feb 21st. Will it hurt my app if I send results after about 20 days(time taken to recieve them) and how do I send them?
Reply 18
pjb13

That's what I applied for - because it sounds interesting. No real reason...

I'm guessing you should select British Pattern Education, and yes, you still have to send transcripts after that, whatever they are. And no, you won't be able to include those results in your application because the deadline is Feb 28, as far as I remember.

Don't trust me completely, though. My head is a mess.
Reply 19
Mikaila
That's what I applied for - because it sounds interesting. No real reason...

I'm guessing you should select British Pattern Education, and yes, you still have to send transcripts after that, whatever they are. And no, you won't be able to include those results in your application because the deadline is Feb 28, as far as I remember.

Don't trust me completely, though. My head is a mess.

So what do u do if u wanna take both Acct/Fin...Double major? will that require awesome grades?
Yea its feb 28 but the supplemental app deadline is march 15th...what do I have to include in that?

Thats alright just need an idea...these are backups anyway.But hell I need to get in somewhere! :shifty:

Latest

Trending

Trending