The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Un/Official letter

I have just received a letter by post from the Department of Mathematics.I applied for a place for BSc Mathematics with Economics(G1L1).I received this:

..."it is our normal practice to interview any prospective student before making an offer.However, this is clearly not feasible in your case.I have , therefore , recommended to the Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place on the above degree.You should hear formally and in more detail from the College and from UCAS in due course."...

Is this like an unofficial offer?Am I CERTAIN that I now have an offer???I`m very confused, `cuz i haven`t received anything from UCAS and the letter is dated 13 NOVEMBER...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds pretty certain to me. Out of curiosity, why is an interview not feasible for you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I wouldnt take anything as official until you hear about it through UCAS as they could still decide not to give you an offer or withdraw it for some reason. but you can be hopefull, and it seems pretty certain that you will hear something through UCAS.... so good luck.

If i were you though i wouldnt get my hopes up until i KNEW it was a deffinate... ie. until UCAS confirm it. it may take a few days for it to go through UCAS, but 13 days seems abit of a long time...? i dont know!

good luck anyway! and congrats!

Also, yeh why is it not feasible? are you an international applicant?
Reply 3
Well its pretty much an offer (probably 85-90% there I'd say). Quite a few of my mates had those from UCL last year...
Reply 4
I think they said that it`s not feasible because I`m a romanian student.But really... it`s not like London is on the other side of the planet. I could easily travel by plane two hours and a half and I`m there. If they asked me to go, I would. But I would rather just receive an offer without any stressful interview...
Reply 5
Unofficial?
Can you not read it and work it out for yourself?
If you're applying to UCL and can't work that out then...
Reply 6
maxfire
Unofficial?
Can you not read it and work it out for yourself?
If you're applying to UCL and can't work that out then...

Shut the **** up and answer his question, bitch.
Reply 7
JAgg
Shut the **** up and answer his question, bitch.

You're a ****. He should answer it himself or learn to read.
Reply 8
Sevdulina
I think they said that it`s not feasible because I`m a romanian student.But really... it`s not like London is on the other side of the planet. I could easily travel by plane two hours and a half and I`m there. If they asked me to go, I would. But I would rather just receive an offer without any stressful interview...

:hmmm: Do you actually want to complain about not having to go for interview?

Shut up and be happy about (almost) being made an offer without having to go through all the hassle of an interview first! :top:
Reply 9
maxfire
You're a ****. He should answer it himself or learn to read.

Thanks for the worthless neg-rep bro. :cool:

:rolleyes:
Reply 10
DJkG.1
Thanks for the worthless neg-rep bro. :cool:

:rolleyes:

I didn't tho...
But I will if you want..just to prove I didn't.
Reply 11
maxfire
I didn't tho...
But I will if you want..just to prove I didn't.

K, go for it!

I'm prepared. :ninja:
Reply 12
DJkG.1
K, go for it!

I'm prepared. :ninja:

Dammit, I already negged someone last night (it was after midnight so counts as today). *Grumble* now you'll never believe me. But be warned, as soon as midnight hits, I'm transforming into something cataclysmic.
Why would I have negged thy soul anyway?
For some reason UCL do it a bit different than other universities.
I had a letter when I applied a couple of years back from the admissions tutor saying he has recommended me for an offer.
I think it is just a formality that the head of faculty has a veto over the admissions tutor, I don't know anyone that got recommended but not accepted!
Reply 14
maxfire
Dammit, I already negged someone last night (it was after midnight so counts as today). *Grumble* now you'll never believe me. But be warned, as soon as midnight hits, I'm transforming into something cataclysmic.
Why would I have negged thy soul anyway?

Lol, it doesn't matter - it's TSR rep, not something important. :p:

Have a good evening mate. :smile:
Reply 15
DJkG.1
Lol, it doesn't matter - it's TSR rep, not something important. :p:

Have a good evening mate. :smile:

heh. It matters to me. It's my life. I'm collecting reds :p:
You too...
Reply 16
OP: Don't worry, you have an offer, but it might take a while (even till February) until they put it on UCAS and send you the offer details (assuming it's conditional offer you're talking about)
Reply 17
pure_joy
OP: Don't worry, you have an offer, but it might take a while (even till February) until they put it on UCAS and send you the offer details (assuming it's conditional offer you're talking about)

I sent them an e-mail and they said I should receive something from UCAS within a week .I`m waitiiiiiiiiing
Reply 18
Just received an offer for the other course I applied at UCL :biggrin: YAAAAAAAY, **** lse I`m going to UCL
I got this letter too, but I live in Plymouth, not Romania. :smile: It was very nice of them. And I've got an offer now, too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending