The Student Room Group

Goodenough College 2020/2021 (London accommodation)

Hi everyone!

I am an offer holder for MSc Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials at UCL. I applied to Goodenough College back on February and I expect to find out the outcome tomorrow (March 31st) as it is said on the website. I decided to create a new forum to discuss the evolution of our applications and to try to help solve each other's doubts. Hopefully, everyone who will join this forum will become a member of GC community.
Update: I've just been offered a place! I'm so excited!
Best of luck with your applications!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I received my offer also today. I will be studying at Birkbeck university of London.
Reply 2
I'm very glad to hear that you've been accepted as well! I hope to see you around. I'll be staying at London House. What about you? 😃
Reply 3
I will be at the family flats. My family is joining me
Reply 4
Oh great! So I think we will be staying in different buildings as the family flats are in William Goodenough House. Either way, I am looking forward to meet you and we might join the same clubs or societies :smile: If you are interested, I can send you a private message and keep in touch through Instagram, Facebook or whatssap. I've met another person who will join us in GC through this platform and we are now friends on Instagram and Whatssap. Please feel free to do what you think it is the most appropiate thing to do, I won't be dissapointed if you decide not to contact me, I completely understand as we have never met in person :smile:
Reply 5
Sure, no problem. I will be very glad to contact you
Hi all! I applied to Goodenough two weeks ago, so I should be expecting my reply by end of April. I will be doing an LLM at King's College this September. Really hoping that my application will be successful as I have heard nothing but great things about Goodenough.
Reply 7
Original post by triggers28
Hi all! I applied to Goodenough two weeks ago, so I should be expecting my reply by end of April. I will be doing an LLM at King's College this September. Really hoping that my application will be successful as I have heard nothing but great things about Goodenough.

Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 Best of luck! 🍀
Original post by Ayla14
Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 Best of luck! 🍀

Thank you! Did you have to insert a reference letter in your application by any chance? When I was filling in my application, I did not come across any section which required me to attach such a letter. It is my understanding that Goodenough has requested reference letters to be inserted in applications in recent years, however from what I can see this year that requirement is no longer being applied. I just wanted to check whether I did something wrong along my application process. Thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by triggers28
Thank you! Did you have to insert a reference letter in your application by any chance? When I was filling in my application, I did not come across any section which required me to attach such a letter. It is my understanding that Goodenough has requested reference letters to be inserted in applications in recent years, however from what I can see this year that requirement is no longer being applied. I just wanted to check whether I did something wrong along my application process. Thanks.

No, I didn't. I came across with the same information regarding reference letters when I was looking for past reviews of the college but this year no reference letter was requested :smile:
Reply 10
Hi everyone, congrats to all the admission holders. I'm still waiting for the Uni offer, thus, I don't know how likely it is to have a chance to get a place at GC if I apply around May (that is when I expect to have an answer from the uni). If you have any idea about it, please, let me know! Thanks in advance.
Reply 11
Original post by iame05
Hi everyone, congrats to all the admission holders. I'm still waiting for the Uni offer, thus, I don't know how likely it is to have a chance to get a place at GC if I apply around May (that is when I expect to have an answer from the uni). If you have any idea about it, please, let me know! Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I think there would be no problem. However, if you are planning to request a specific room (especially an ensuite one), GC may not be able to offer it as they might be already allocated to other students. Therefore, you may be offered another type of room :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Ayla14
Hi!

I think there would be no problem. However, if you are planning to request a specific room (especially an ensuite one), GC may not be able to offer it as they might be already allocated to other students. Therefore, you may be offered another type of room :smile:

Thanks for the info Ayla!
Reply 13
Hi everyone!

Does any offer holder have any update regarding scholarships? Hopefully, we will hear back from them soon :smile:
Reply 14
Hi. Maybe end of April they will respond.

Original post by Ayla14
Hi everyone!

Does any offer holder have any update regarding scholarships? Hopefully, we will hear back from them soon :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Penek
Hi. Maybe end of April they will respond.

Thank you! Fingers crossed! 🤞Best of luck! 🍀
Reply 16
Best wishes to you too
Hi. I receive an offer from UCL for a master's in Psychology and am considering applying for Goodenough College:smile: I wonder if any of you can provide some information on whether there is a deadline for accepting an offer for this College and do we have to pay a deposit in advance? The coronavirus uncertainty is making me really anxious about whether I should just apply now or wait for a few more months, since I might opt to defer if the semester 1 teaching remains online. Thank you and I hope you all are staying well in the tough times
Reply 18
Hi! In our offer letters we were requested to provide them with an answer within seven days without having any obbligation attached to our acceptance. Moreover, we were told that it was an informal offer letter because the Finance Committee hadn't gathered yet due to the coronavirus situation. Therefore, they couldn't provide us with the rent we would pay monthly for our room so we weren't asked to pay a deposit. We were told that we would be sent a formal offer on mid-May with all the economic information among other details. In addition to this, on their website it is said that you would have your money back if you informed them of your rejection at least 28 days in advance of your enrollment day.

P.s: I'd recommend you to fill out the application form and submit it as soon as possible since the April deadline is approaching (April 30th). If you submit your application before April 30th, you will know your outcome on May 31st. If you submit it later than April 30th, you will not know your outcome until June 30th, when most people would have already applied and if you were accepted, you might not be offered the room you opted for (especially if you would like to be offered an ensuite one).
Original post by Ayla14
Hi! In our offer letters we were requested to provide them with an answer within seven days without having any obbligation attached to our acceptance. Moreover, we were told that it was an informal offer letter because the Finance Committee hadn't gathered yet due to the coronavirus situation. Therefore, they couldn't provide us with the rent we would pay monthly for our room so we weren't asked to pay a deposit. We were told that we would be sent a formal offer on mid-May with all the economic information among other details. In addition to this, on their website it is said that you would have your money back if you informed them of your rejection at least 28 days in advance of your enrollment day.

P.s: I'd recommend you to fill out the application form and submit it as soon as possible since the April deadline is approaching (April 30th). If you submit your application before April 30th, you will know your outcome on May 31st. If you submit it later than April 30th, you will not know your outcome until June 30th, when most people would have already applied and if you were accepted, you might not be offered the room you opted for (especially if you would like to be offered an ensuite one).

Thank you so much, this helps a lot! Also, congrats on you offer:smile:
I have just submitted my application, fingers crossed!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending