The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Aeolus

How exactly is our system being taken for a ride? :lolwut: Do you think this is a family of criminal masterminds who made their dastardly plans in Somalia to come over here pretending to run from war and death, so they could get their hands on a luxury flat? Get real Macey.

How exactly is this family bogus?

It's well past my bed-time, so gonna be quick here, there were two links in my initial thread.:wink: Read the 2nd one.

Aeolus

You still haven't responded to my reply in the other thread :wink: Just thought id remind you.

PM me a link to it if it's causing you to lose sleep.
I don't know which thread you're referring to, but have a sneaking feeling it might be a question that I've already tried to explain to you before and ignored the 2nd time round, as I feel quite a few of our little flirty conversations go around in circles.:p: :wink:
Reply 41
If the Daily Mail reported there were flying cows in the sky, the racists would believe it. How dumb can you get????
tom//
i think the guy on the comments said it best

"And yet £3000 can't be found to cover the cost of cancer or other drugs that have paid into the system all their life!"

It's not £3,000 it's £30,000 per year of treatment for the new cancer drugs and its intended effects aren't even cure, they merely prolong the inevitable by a few months.
Reply 43
My dad owns a 6 bedroom house and it's probably worth no more than about £400,000, and it's perfectly fine, in fact, it's a brilliant house. They don't need the £1.2 million home, and seeing as they don't have jobs, they don't need to live in London, the most expensive place in the country.

However tragic their stories might be, they know exactly what they are exploiting and the sooner these loopholes are closed, the better (hello, new government..).
Are you kidding?! I wouldn't pay 50p to live in that house, it looks disgusting.
MaceyThe
Typical responce there...
Just because the basis of the article (which is accurate, or they'd be in court,) doesn't agree with your "it's all working great" view of multi-culturalism, smear, sneer, and generally try and discredit the source, rather than having to confront the content.:p:

Ducks for cover.:biggrin:

The Daily Mail are notorious for getting all juicy over stories like these and pick out this story out of a hundred other similiar just because the people involved happen to be immigrants.

I don't have a "it's all working great" view of multi-culturalism, I know and can see that at times things can get tense, however I am not prone to flying off the handle like the Daily Fail do.

Their like those bozo's who walk around with sandwich boards around the neck reading "The world is nigh."

Sure I'll read it from time to time but they are prone to blow some situations out of proportion.
MaceyThe
An Afghan family is still living in a £1.2million home paid for by the taxpayer more than a year after a minister pledged to throw them out.

7 kids of course.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232267/Jobless-Afghan-family-living-3k-week-house-funded-taxpayers.html#ixzz0YX4ZFOOg

____

And another one:
Leyla Yusuf, 31, posed as a penniless Somalian asylum seeker to claim £70,000 benefits when in fact she was a Dutch national with a comfortable lifestyle including property in Dubai.

5 kids.:rolleyes: Is she being deported back, we're all asking? Is she hell!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232386/Dutch-mother-posed-penniless-Somalian-immigrant-claim-70-000-benefits.html#ixzz0YX74eBV3

And there was Baroness Warsi saying on 'that' Question Time episode "there's no such thing as a bogus asylum seeker.":rolleyes:

All aboard, we are being taken for a ******* ride.:cool:

What was the best that you hoped for by starting this thread? That everyone would be shocked and appalled to the point of a new national outcry and that we would all thank you for bringing it to our attention?

I couldn't care less about this story. The only reason you have mentioned it is because of their race. If it was a family of 7 from Liverpool, Manchester or anywhere in Britain, not only wouldn't you care but it wouldn't be published by The Daily Mail.
Reply 47
why are people defending the daily mail?! have some white, elderly and slightly racist people created an account on tsr? :smile:

Of course I dont agree with explotation of the benefit system at all. but seriously this story would NEVER have been published if they were a white family. when i used to work in a corner shop i used to read the papers and every ******* day in the mail there was a story about either this type of thing, or a muslim extremist living off benefits. it seems people just read it to keep themselves stupid. Next youl be telling us how the BNP have got is so right and that "you too dont want white people to die out either". . .

and the band wagon argument is fukin stupid. so anyone with a positive or negative on something is "jumping on the bandwagon" as they didnt think those ideas first. you could say a lot of people jumped on the band wagon hating hitler (OBV mail isn't anywhere near as bad as hitler :smile:) TBH i dont think the band wagon is big enough.
Reply 48
Haha, the left wing are such bloody denialists. They are trying to deny we have got a major issue in this country, with the effective giving out of free money simply because the report is from the Daily Mail.

Simply because the Daily Mail choose to speak the truth about the situation instead of sugar-coating it and viewing it through rose-tinted glasses does not make the Daily Mail any less credible.

It's the limp-wristed, bleeding heart liberlas at rags such as the Guardian who think everyone from the third world should be given 7 bedroom council houses who are the downfall of this country.
Reply 49
MaceyThe

And another one:
Leyla Yusuf, 31, posed as a penniless Somalian asylum seeker to claim £70,000 benefits when in fact she was a Dutch national with a comfortable lifestyle including property in Dubai.

Somali. :yawn:

Latest

Trending

Trending