The Student Room Group

PMP's whatever blog

I started a wellbeing blog a while ago, which kinda fell to the wayside.

This one is a whatever blog. I'm just going to write whatever, and whenever, which increases the chances of actually writing something rather than it being a little bit niche, so just roll with it.

Today's offering is a poem about trains. *Clears throat*...

I took my lass to catch a train
Only to Leeds, not Paris or Spain
A journey so short, yet it was delayed
Despite all the money for tickets we paid

We looked on the app and found with despair
She wouldn't have time to change half way there
So we jumped in the car and started to race
To catch the next train at the next station place

The clock it was ticking, the traffic lights red
Tension was brewing inside of my head
Road works and learners all blocking our way
It wasn't the greatest of starts to the day

Turning the corner, the station was near
But only 1 minute was left for us here
"Get out of the car! You're going to be late!"
I called to my lass as she sprang to the gate

I looked at the app on the phone in my hand
This train was 5 minutes later than planned
She made it on time, but much to frustration
She could have just stayed at the first bloody station!

Scroll to see replies

Ooh! Posting to follow :h:
So I've been spending weeks now making flashcards on Cram for GCSE Classical Civilisation for my son who is taking the exam this summer.

WEEKS, and I do mean weeks.

1,597 flash cards later, and I'm done! I swear I could hear an angel singing just now as I typed the last card out.

I'm going to give myself a well earned pat on the back for that.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
So I've been spending weeks now making flashcards on Cram for GCSE Classical Civilisation for my son who is taking the exam this summer.

1,597 flash cards later, and I'm done! I swear I could hear an angel singing just now as I typed the last card out.

:woo: that's awesome! :biggrin:
Posting to subscribe :lovehug:
Original post by iL1L
:woo: that's awesome! :biggrin:

Thank you :h:

He's entirely ungrateful but ah well, I'm proud of myself lol
Reply 6
Thank you :h:

He's entirely ungrateful but ah well, I'm proud of myself lol

The things we do!! How many??!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Euapp
The things we do!! How many??!!

It's one question per card, but I was extremely thorough.
Reply 8
It's one question per card, but I was extremely thorough.

I hope he uses them, doesn’t lose them, that they don’t get eaten by a dog, shuffled out of order😱😱😱
Original post by Euapp
I hope he uses them, doesn’t lose them, that they don’t get eaten by a dog, shuffled out of order😱😱😱

Luckily they're on www.cram.com rather than being physical :smile:
So I'm getting up. It's 7am, I've had less than 3 hours sleep because I'm nocturnal, so I'm deciding whether or not to get cross with the world at this point.

Tiredness and early mornings make PMP grumpy.

I have to go and fry some pierogi (for missy's lunch) and take her to the station again. I don't think I shall write another ode to the trains today though.
She's going on a college trip to Leeds' Royal Armouries today.

Okay I need to get up!
Reply 11
Luckily they're on www.cram.com rather than being physical :smile:

At least that’s a positive!! One of my dyslexic kids has to have everything in paper version. We use packets of paper and ink!!
Reply 12
So I'm getting up. It's 7am, I've had less than 3 hours sleep because I'm nocturnal, so I'm deciding whether or not to get cross with the world at this point.

Tiredness and early mornings make PMP grumpy.

I have to go and fry some pierogi (for missy's lunch) and take her to the station again. I don't think I shall write another ode to the trains today though.
She's going on a college trip to Leeds' Royal Armouries today.

Okay I need to get up!

2 cups of coffee and you’ll be good to go!🤗
Original post by Euapp
At least that’s a positive!! One of my dyslexic kids has to have everything in paper version. We use packets of paper and ink!!

There are these small printers that could print out flashcards, but that might get more expensive with the price of ink :redface:
Original post by Euapp

Do you have a toner printer or an ink printer? A toner one works out cheaper for printing out huge reams of stuff. The cartridges cost more to buy, but they last a ton longer so overall you save money
Reply 15
Do you have a toner printer or an ink printer? A toner one works out cheaper for printing out huge reams of stuff. The cartridges cost more to buy, but they last a ton longer so overall you save money

We have a professional printer so that my husband ( lawyer ) can work from home sometimes, but he rarely uses anything other than black and white. The kids however use loads of colour!!
So today's adventures in the land of PMP...

I was sitting in the car, waiting for eldest son to come out of his guitar lesson, when I had a message from daughter.

"I'm lost."

This is hardly surprising as this girl could get lost in her own bedroom.

Her college trip to the Royal Armouries had finished, and she was trying to find her way back to the train station so she could come home....
I'm going to show you right now what happened here...

This is where she should have gone. Nice easy 19 minutes walk from the armouries at the bottom right there, walking left across to the station:

armouries to station.jpg

This, however, is where she had walked to from the armouries by the time she messaged me. Right up there, all the way up there, through Leeds City Centre and out the other side into the suburbs:

armouries to where she ended up.jpg

Having grown up in north Leeds and having lived there for 23 years of my life, I knew exactly where she was, however I cannot for the life of me fathom how she could have ended up there whilst trying to get back to the train station, especially as she was supposedly following Google Maps on her phone.

I ended up telling her to take a bus back down to the train station, so all ended well, but honestly! There are no words!
Reply 17
I have one like that!! She still uses the sat nav in the car to drive around the town she was born in and lived in all her life!! She says it’s because when she’s on foot she doesn’t have to worry about one way streets unlike in the car. But having passed her test 2 years ago most people would have figured it out by now!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Posting to subscribe :smile:

That's a lot of cards! You deserve a spa day for all that hard work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending