The Student Room Group
troll?
Reply 2
hhhiii
I will have an interview on 8th of Dec,but got flu (fever, headache,cough....). I am out of school and staying in the bed. Doctor gave me Tamiflu and said I possibably got swine....what can i do.....want to cry..........

Ring and tell them the situation! Hope you feel better soon!!
Reply 3
Let them know as soon as possible. On my interview invitation it said that they do not want applicants who might be infected to travel to Cambridge, and that they will make arrangements for these people. Just give them a ring and ask what to do - and get well soon! Take good care of yourself and who knows; there's a big chance that it's passed before the 8th :smile:
Reply 4
theres a section on their website:
this is what it said on the queens website

'Swine Flu & Interviews
If you are suffering from the H1N1 (Swine Flu) virus at the time of your interviews, please refer to www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/info/news.html for more information.'

oh and hope you get well soon!
Reply 5
1. you might be better in a week
1a. just load up on paracetemol and sleeploads
2. you are living my current greatest fear im afraid of getting swine flu between now and the 8th of dec of me own interview
Reply 6
Still feel bad. I have contacted them, they will re-arrange an interview date for a couple of people (currently being ill ) on middle of Jan. Is there any disadvantage for me to have interview so late? i know selection process will be finished on earlier Jan. So worry about it. any comments?
hhhiii
Still feel bad. I have contacted them, they will re-arrange an interview date for a couple of people (currently being ill ) on middle of Jan. Is there any disadvantage for me to have interview so late? i know selection process will be finished on earlier Jan. So worry about it. any comments?

The mature students have two interview rounds, one at the usual time, one at summer. They keep places open, and consider applicants fairly with all the other candidates.

Worst case scenario is you're either pooled as a top student, or they ask you to take a gap year as they've filled all their places. If you're what they're looking for, they will find a way of getting you in.

I realise this means your worry lasts longer over interview prep etc., but really it will have no bearing on your chances of getting in.

And surely it'll be better to be on top form for your interview, rather than coughing, sneezing and puking everywhere? right?

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending