The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adhsur
But what kinds of girlfriends? :biggrin:

Gullible ones...

The ones who don't know what they want: what they say is not what they really mean and they let men dupe them into think that they're nice and caring, and then when they're shagged and dumped they proclaim 'every' man on the planet to be an asshole. They then consider becoming a lesbian for about 5 minutes before they see another guy walk past with a nice body. Back to square 1.
Reply 101
If they all say sense of humour and personality they're lying. I'm always being told i make girls laugh.

Oh hang on maybe they're laughing at me! That would explain a lot :frown:
Gexko
If they all say sense of humour and personality they're lying. I'm always being told i make girls laugh.

Sorry Gexko - but sense of humour. What's the point in a guy if he can't make me laugh? Intelligence, or at least the ability to talk/write in decent English, no "OMGWTFBBQ!1!" - oh, and someone who's not ashamed to be who they are, won't follow their mates. Being very sweet and romantic would also go far :love: No scary stalkers though! :p:
Reply 103
JoeCool_Lemming
Sorry Gexko - but sense of humour. What's the point in a guy if he can't make me laugh? Intelligence, or at least the ability to talk/write in decent English, no "OMGWTFBBQ!1!" - oh, and someone who's not ashamed to be who they are, won't follow their mates. Being very sweet and romantic would also go far :love: No scary stalkers though! :p:

I was doing so well up until the stalkers bit. Damn :wink:
Gexko
I was doing so well up until the stalkers bit. Damn :wink:

:toofunny:
You're from Abingdon?! :eek: I'VE BEEN THERE! My great nan used to live there, my nan still lives in Eynsham - you know it?
Reply 105
JoeCool_Lemming
:toofunny:
You're from Abingdon?! :eek: I'VE BEEN THERE! My great nan used to live there, my nan still lives in Eynsham - you know it?

Yes. Well, I know where it is and how to pronounce the name properly :smile:

Bad luck about going to Abingdon though, I hope you're not too scarred :smile:
Reply 106
zhivago
Converse All Stars are a plus. :smile:

Nice to know we guys are judged on what designer labels out clothes have on them.

A bit harsh maybe, but I REALLY hate those daft converse shoes. I mean really!
Reply 107
nasht
Ive read all the comments made here and yeah, it explained why not a single woman is coming near me at all nowadays... i should grow a few more inches to get a good chance at all

Hoho

Onearmedbandit
Guys who don't fit the criteria seem to be the ones who actually have lots of girlfriends :frown:

It's my belief that as long as you're confident, you can be as big a **** as you want and still find a girlfriend.
Reply 108
SophistiCat
I find Clive Owen pretty sexy!!

This guy? http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1271162.jpg

How old is he?
Reply 109
I must admit i like a nice accent as well as a nice personality. I'm not that bothered about looks (they don't have to look like male models or anything!) . My philosophy is that if you care for them you will grow to love them whatever they look like.

So whats the best accent then on a guy?
Reply 110
Onearmedbandit
Gullible ones...

The ones who don't know what they want: what they say is not what they really mean and they let men dupe them into think that they're nice and caring, and then when they're shagged and dumped they proclaim 'every' man on the planet to be an asshole. They then consider becoming a lesbian for about 5 minutes before they see another guy walk past with a nice body. Back to square 1.

Exactly. If you want a gf like that THEN you should feel miserable. But clearly you don't. So don't envy those who have one.
Reply 111
a 9 inch willy
tktaylor6
a 9 inch willy

Read the title of the thread: we don't want to know what you look for in guys.
Reply 113
well you clearly didnt understand the that joke, i was sayign chicks dig gay dudes

joke---------> (woosh)
(your head)
Has a similar hobby to me, like musical instrument or something...
Kind, caring, and sweet :smile:
Physical..... doesn't really bother me, but I tend to go for asian or dark haired males :wink:
tktaylor6
well you clearly didnt understand the that joke, i was sayign chicks dig gay dudes

joke---------> (woosh)
(your head)

Right... :rolleyes: 9 inch penises and gay dudes? Your brain works in a weird way...

and I think you missed the joke directed at YOU kiddo.
humour - I like a man who can make me laugh and smile.

compassion - not just to me but others.

intelligence- I like a man who is on par with me, who can discuss things rationally and even have a debate or two.

fun - has to know how to enjoy himself and have a good time.

reliance - If something goes wrong I know he'll be there, even if its just to offer a shoulder to cry on.

understanding - knowing that you don't have to be with me 24/7. We both need our one space and time to be our own people, understand that it means I don't love you any less. Knowing that sometimes I will have girly stroppy moments when I really don't have anything to wear, and he won't hold it against me.

attractivness - no, he doesn't have to be Brad Pitt but I like a man who has certain quirks and makes him unique. Looks aren't the most important thing but being attracted to him is.
Reply 117
oh what a gay joke, made by (i assume) a straight guy aimed at another straight guy. wow sheer brilliance im glad a re-read and got the joke that time...*roars with laughter* seriously tho you should me a comedian, do you you write your own stuff? wow that was priceless, im off to share that brilliant joke!
I like guys who arent big-headed and think of themselves as god.... dont find that at all attractive, he has to be able to make me smile and feel good amongst other things and bein able to string a couple of sentences together is generally good, i like to have a conversation with my man! He should be caring (and be able to tolerate me whilst im having one of my mood swings!!!) Looks are also a help but not important..
Reply 119
i think i would like a bad boy for a fling..i find them really sexy..I really love arrogant guys!
But ultimately, for a long term thing, i would want a good sensible guy..sensitive is good! Most importantly, sense of humour and being able to talk for ages without silences..
Appearance-wise, I like tall guys..(pref looking like brad, jude, harry etc :biggrin:)..ultimately tho, looks doesnt even matter in the long term..as long as a guy can give me a "tingle" lol :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending