The Student Room Group

Girls and guy friends

Is it possible for girls to have Guy friends without any attachment?
Yes, it is possible for girls to have friendships with guys that are completely platonic.
Most of my friends are guys, I only make friends with guys that I am not attracted to and who I know are not attracted to me.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, it is possible for girls to have friendships with guys that are completely platonic.
Most of my friends are guys, I only make friends with guys that I am not attracted to and who I know are not attracted to me.

I be wanting a guy friend but I be so scared that they might try it.
Original post by Delonda
I be wanting a guy friend but I be so scared that they might try it.

Hi Delonda,

These days, even with gals (girl friends) may be attracted to you (i.e., have an attachement to you as a woman), often hold secretly. The same goes to many lads (guy friends) who may publicly express themselves as not being interested in you (i.e., showing signs of not being attracted to you), but they may also withhold their true feelings secretly. The gender (sex) does not matter nowadays, but as a girl you would experience less girls being attracted to you as there are less lesbians, and more gays, than straight guys which predominantly represent the majority of men.

What I am trying to tell you is that nowadays you cannot be even sure who is into you or not just from their gender, but rather by suggestive signs they may give you (e.g., flirtatious touch, sight or words). It is possible to make friends of the opposite gender, the same way as of the same-sex (may differ for homosexuality or bisexuality). You just need to lookout for the suggestive signs, mentioned above, to make sure you are not exiting the friendship circle and entering into a (romantic and/or sexual) relationship circle.

Hope this finds you well :smile:,
Max

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending