The Student Room Group

Muslim Girl and non Muslim guy.

Hi all,
In my local shop there’s this stunning Muslim girl behind the counter. Most times I go in there’s lots of smiling and batting of eyelashes. More recently I went in and whilst she’s serving other people she keeps looking and smiling at me further back in the queue. I think we both get a bit shy then as I get to the counter and not much is said but just more smiling and nice looks.
Then I didn’t go in for a couple of weeks until last night when I decided to ask for her number.
She seemed a bit surprised and said that she had a boyfriend. I left a little embarrassed as I was so sure she liked me.
I don’t think I misread the flirting, unless she does that to everyone which seems unlikely. Could it be a religious issue and maybe she decided it’s not worth the hassle? I figured she doesn’t really have a boyfriend or she wouldn’t be looking at me in the she does.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all,
In my local shop there’s this stunning Muslim girl behind the counter. Most times I go in there’s lots of smiling and batting of eyelashes. More recently I went in and whilst she’s serving other people she keeps looking and smiling at me further back in the queue. I think we both get a bit shy then as I get to the counter and not much is said but just more smiling and nice looks.
Then I didn’t go in for a couple of weeks until last night when I decided to ask for her number.
She seemed a bit surprised and said that she had a boyfriend. I left a little embarrassed as I was so sure she liked me.
I don’t think I misread the flirting, unless she does that to everyone which seems unlikely. Could it be a religious issue and maybe she decided it’s not worth the hassle? I figured she doesn’t really have a boyfriend or she wouldn’t be looking at me in the she does.

Thanks in advance.

What religious background are you…?
Reply 2
I have no religion and probably wouldn’t convert. I respect the views of others though.
I have no religion and probably wouldn’t convert. I respect the views of others though.

May have been the reason then
Reply 4
Yeah it seems most likely. I’m hoping there’s some Muslims on here that could offer some insight.
Reply 5
Yeah it seems most likely. I’m hoping there’s some Muslims on here that could offer some insight.
Just leave it, she already rejected you. It is not allowed for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man anyway and it would cause huge problems for the both of you if you broke this rule.
Reply 6
hi
muslim gal here
i think its probably bcs ur non muslim
personally i find if a guys not muslim, then instantly i would say what she sed to save the problems that would happen later cuz we cant marry non muslim guys
any other questions feel free to ask xx
Reply 7
Thanks for the reply.
Then I wonder why she initiated and continued to flirt? Maybe just to see if she could attract someone from a different culture ?
Reply 8
maybe because she has no other outlet (strict muslim parents) and may have liked you (probs) but knew she couldnt actually take your number due to religious differences.
Reply 9
Very helpful, thank you
thats alright hun x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending