The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stalin. Killed anyone who posed a remote threat to his power or showed any dislike for the communist system. Hitler may have been responsible for starting WW2 but Stalin had 20m purged or die in Gulags
Reply 2
russianroullette
Although Stalin killed more people, Hitler selectively killed them. Who was worse?

whats worse, racist murder or murder?
irfy
whats worse, racist murder or murder?

Racist murder.
Reply 4
Stalin killed 20-30 million of his own countrymen.

Hitler only killed up to 6 million people because he needed a scapegoat (someone to blame the situation the country was in on), so he targeted the Jews, Gypsies, blacks, gays, handicapped etc.

Stalin was far worse, even though Hitler was bad himself.

Also: there are like 50 million threads like this on TSR.
Reply 5
russianroullette
Racist murder.

I see, why do you say that?
Reply 6
irfy
I see, why do you say that?

two bad things added together, whereas murder is just one bad thing? :dontknow:
definitely hitler

stalin killed people he was scared of, hitler killed people cos he just didn't like them
Reply 8
Hitler ruined a certain style of moustache forever. That's a wound that stings.
Reply 9
Finbar21
two bad things added together, whereas murder is just one bad thing? :dontknow:

Fine, but if the end result is still murder, should it matter what the motivation was? Would I be more of a criminal becuase I killed someone because of their race rather than if I killed them because I didn't like the fact that he ate cheese?
Reply 10
Godwin's Law. OP loses.

Stalin cos he is by far not as famous.
Why do people have this macabre obsession with creating pissing contests between historical mass murderers? Does it really matter who was "worse"? Besides anything else, they carried out their business in their own total disparate contexts, and their methods of execution can't even really be compared. This is silly.
Reply 12
Stalin. At least with Hitler, if you weren't Jew, black, gay, handicapped etc, you would live quite well. :smile: But with Stalin, you never knew when the NKVD would come and get you.
Reply 13
irfy
Fine, but if the end result is still murder, should it matter what the motivation was? Would I be more of a criminal becuase I killed someone because of their race rather than if I killed them because I didn't like the fact that he ate cheese?

to be honest I agree with you I was just suggesting why the OP may have said that.
Reply 14
Finbar21
to be honest I agree with you I was just suggesting why the OP may have said that.

lmao i was just taking the piss, I know nothing of hitler or stalin even though I did them in history at gcse lol :biggrin:
Reply 15
Pedrobear
Why do people have this macabre obsession with creating pissing contests between historical mass murderers? Does it really matter who was "worse"? Besides anything else, they carried out their business in their own total disparate contexts, and their methods of execution can't even really be compared. This is silly.

Pretty much. They were both mass murderers, but also humans, and to take them both out of context and ask who was worse is pointless. Especially considering Hitler and Stalin often didn't initiate their respective atrocities.
Reply 16
They were both as bad as each other.
Reply 17
How many white people here would of loved to kiss hitlers ass?
ajtiesto
Come on, the majority of white people today still would of liked to lick Hitler's ass.

Even the white jews?
Reply 19
In terms of killing, Stalin made Hitler look amateur.

Latest

Trending

Trending