The Student Room Group
i believe AVCE's are relatively new but they account for 2 A-levels. my friend does an AVCE in travel & tourism and think it follows the same guidelines.... only one exam in the second year, think the rest is coursework
Reply 2
*starry_eyed_*
i believe AVCE's are relatively new but they account for 2 A-levels. my friend does an AVCE in travel & tourism and think it follows the same guidelines.... only one exam in the second year, think the rest is coursework

2 A levels? Hmm, it only takes up 1 option block though. :confused:
Reply 3
AVCE ICT has more coursework. During the AS part of the AVCE single award course, you have an exam with two coursework modules. For the AVCE double award course, you have 2 exams and 4 coursework modules. Yes, the AVCE ICT course has a lot of coursework. They are managable and easy to get a grade C or above if you follow the mark scheme.

For the second part of the Applied ICT course, you get to choose what units you want to do (3 more units for single award, 6 more units for double award). The single award worth 1 A-level, while the double award is worth 2 A-levels.

AVCE ICT is called Applied ICT now to bring in line with the other non-vocational A-levels. Basically, Applied ICT is still a a vocational A-level (AVCE).

Not sure about the respectiveness of these subjects. I guess it depends where you want to apply. If you have other subjects but one vocational one, I don't think it will make a difference.
Reply 4
trev
AVCE ICT has more coursework. During the AS part of the AVCE single award course, you have an exam with two coursework modules. For the AVCE double award course, you have 2 exams and 4 coursework modules. Yes, the AVCE ICT course has a lot of coursework. They are managable and easy to get a grade C or above if you follow the mark scheme.

For the second part of the Applied ICT course, you get to choose what units you want to do (3 more units for single award, 6 more units for double award). The single award worth 1 A-level, while the double award is worth 2 A-levels.

AVCE ICT is called Applied ICT now to bring in line with the other non-vocational A-levels. Basically, Applied ICT is still a a vocational A-level (AVCE).

Not sure about the respectiveness of these subjects. I guess it depends where you want to apply. If you have other subjects but one vocational one, I don't think it will make a difference.

Thanks for your information! :smile:
Reply 5
gemgems89
Thanks for your information! :smile:

You're welcome.

Read your other post that you don't want to do the Applied ICT. I'm going to summarise the course for you. You would have 2 exams and one coursework module for AS and A2 (the coursework will be certified in june instead of january usually). The AS coursework (depending on which exam board you follow), you would need to make an Excel spreadsheets, for A2, you will need to make a databae in Access. For more details, refer to the other thread and the links I posted for the normal ICT course.
Reply 6
A Levels are more widely accepted than AVCE qualifications
Reply 7
heninacoop
A Levels are more widely accepted than AVCE qualifications

That is true. However, it depends which university she goes too. If the university accepts A-levels and AVCEs, she will be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending