The Student Room Group
Scale detailed in Haddock, McCarron, Tarrier & Faragher. (1999).

All items are scored 0–4, according to general criteria:
0 No problem
1 Minimal or occasional
2 Minor to moderate
3 Major
4 Maximum severity

Each item is scored according to detailed anchor
points, e.g.:

Amount Of Preoccupation With Delusions.
0 No delusions, or delusions which the subject thinks about less than once a week
1 Subject thinks about beliefs at least once a week.
2 Subject thinks about beliefs at least once a day.
3 Subject thinks about beliefs at least once an hour.
4 Subject thinks about delusions continuously or almost continuously.

Delusion Subscale:
Item 1: Amount Of Preoccupation With Delusions
Item 2: Duration of Preoccupation with Delusions
Item 3: Conviction
Item 4: Amount of Distress
Item 5: Intensity of Distress
Item 6: Disruption to Life Caused by Beliefs

Auditory Hallucinations Subscale:
Item 1: Frequency
Item 2: Duration
Item 3: Location
Item 4: Loudness
Item 5: Beliefs Re Origin of Voices
Item 6: Amount of Negative Content of Voices
Item 7: Degree of Negative Content
Item 8: Amount of Distress
Item 9: Intensity of Distress
Item 10: Disruption to Life Caused by Voices
Item 11: Controllability of Voices
Reply 2
GodspeedGehenna

That's great. Thanks! :smile:

Just one question...I think I understand it but how then would someone get a lower "total score" than their score for an individual section (namely the last one)? :confused:
Anonymous
That's great. Thanks! :smile:

Just one question...I think I understand it but how then would someone get a lower "total score" than their score for an individual section (namely the last one)? :confused:

I have no idea, sorry. I assume there are multiple versions and applications.
Reply 4
GodspeedGehenna
I have no idea, sorry. I assume there are multiple versions and applications.

Ok. Sorry to bug you again, I just found something else to ask about...have you heard of the "Calgary depression scale"? What's it used for? I googled it and it kept mentioning schizophrenia which is confusing: isn't it for depression only? :confused:
Anonymous
Ok. Sorry to bug you again, I just found something else to ask about...have you heard of the "Calgary depression scale"? What's it used for? I googled it and it kept mentioning schizophrenia which is confusing: isn't it for depression only? :confused:

It's a scale designed to measure depression specifically in schizophrenics.

E.g. It's designed to eliminate confounding variables related to schizophrenia (For example, weight gain is often used in depression scales, however is also linked to antipsychotics which a schizophrenic may be taking) in order to measure depression independently.
Reply 6
GodspeedGehenna
It's a scale designed to measure depression specifically in schizophrenics.

E.g. It's designed to eliminate confounding variables related to schizophrenia (For example, weight gain is often used in depression scales, however is also linked to antipsychotics which a schizophrenic may be taking) in order to measure depression independently.

Ok :s-smilie:

Thanks.
No worries. If you have any more questions fire away. I assume these are psychometrics you have been asked to undertake?
Reply 8
GodspeedGehenna
No worries. If you have any more questions fire away. I assume these are psychometrics you have been asked to undertake?

I was assessed by a psychologist a while ago then she gave me the report today and it gave a load of scores and then the names of these tests but she didn't tell me at the time what they were. Now I'm really worried that it's about schizophrenia :s-smilie: wtf.
Anonymous
I was assessed by a psychologist a while ago then she gave me the report today and it gave a load of scores and then the names of these tests but she didn't tell me at the time what they were. Now I'm really worried that it's about schizophrenia :s-smilie: wtf.

Did she not sit you down and go through it with you?
Reply 10
GodspeedGehenna
Did she not sit you down and go through it with you?

she asked me all about school, family, university, relationships then in between just asked me to go through these questionnaires with her but she didn't tell me what they were for. It doesn't really say in the report either, just like "severe" with a number. I'm really worried now.:frown:
Reply 11
oh wait, you mean did she go through the report? no. she just said call her tomorrow if she made any mistakes.
There are dozens of diagnoses with psychotic symptoms, not just schizophrenia.

Latest