The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations on the offer :biggrin:

I am still waiting for this letter from the accomodation office, hope they will put me on any halls I've applied for. Otherwise I will have to settle a camping place near the university. There is no way they are stopping me from my first year at Manchester:wink:

By the way, what course are you doing, biggzbrighteyes?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
hi cherishyourlife :smile:
I'm doing the Linguistics course, you?
and lol bout the camping- why not ?!
wow, how interesting. Is it english and linguistics or any other language? I will be doing straight economics the next year. Ofcourse if I am still alive after these recent bombings in London :frown: It's the first time I have seen something as awful as this ....

Probably I wont need to live in a tent for my first year, because if all the sources are correct, every first year student should get accomodation at the university halls. But the next year - worth considering. It's cheap, it's fun and you can move from place to place. Just maybe it would be a bit unsecure, don't you think? Especially settling somewhere in Followfield :smile:

Hope to see you in september :biggrin: When are you arriving at the university?
Reply 4
Lambert is on the Sackville Street Campus, just beside UMIST. The hall itself is pretty reasonable, having recently been refurbished.

And on another post, the accommodation guarantee is still standing and has been for years: every first year student gets accommodation. Manchester have accommodation by the bucket load.
Reply 5
Hey guys just a quick questions, does the system for applying to halls at manchester work on a first come first serve basis, cos I still haven't sent of the application form! Definitely sending it tomorrow tho :redface:
As far as I know, if your application meets the deadline, your chances of getting a place at the halls are equal compared to other students. That's the way I imagine they allocate accomodation halls.
Reply 7
i wish they'd hurry up and send me something...want to know where im living next year!
Yeah, me either. I think they will send everyone letters with unconditional offers at the end of July, and at the end of august to those who have conditional offers.
Me again, I'd already got an unofficial email saying I got the place at lambert, I just received the contracts today, so Im assuming people should be starting to gets urs soon :smile:
just wanted to bump this up to see if any1 got any offers for lambert?

:biggrin:
Hiya, i got my place thru this morning for lambert hall. am studying english language but have absolutely no idea where it is in relation to where im studying or what its like inside or anything...im so dumb!xx
hey! im gonna be studying linguistics.. just found my next room neighbour at lambert on another site how freaky..
which room you staying at?
I havent seen the halls either but seems pretty central and has ensuite so hopefully shud b cool!
xx
just found out today i'll be in lambert, looking forward to it, and thank god they have lifts as i seem to be on the 8th floor. i'm studying physics with philosophy.
i'm really scared now cos ppl keep going on about how fallowfield's the 'student place' keep thinking im gonna be all alone...even tho they are big halls :smile: im in b8.08 what about u? yeah im so glad that theyre en suite was a major factor for me!
Im in A6. 02
Little miss k- dont stress hun! It will all work itself out, Yes fallowfield is a big student area but you'll have the time of your life too!
xxx
I'm pleased i'm closer to the city centre, easier access to all the rock bars.
Reply 17
Hi Guys

Got a letter yesterday confirming my place at lambert hall room A8.06. Doing a Masters degree in Town and Country Planning also my mate is in room A8.05 doing Life sciences. See You There.
why r all u guys in A rooms? :frown: i'm sure everything will work out fine!! thanks for the reassurance, feel better now!!xx
All the A means is flat A- theres an a, b , c on each floor so it doesn mean we're all on same floor!
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending