The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TeDaX
You can't convert someone into homosexuality, just as you can't turn an homosexual into a heterosexual.

You know what I mean. As long as they're not parading around handing out leaflets on how it is to be gay and all that.
Reply 21
Norfolkadam
I don't want to shove anything down anyone's throat. I think straight people should be forced to hide their sexuality because two straight people kissing turns me off a bit.

All acts of public affection turns me off tbh. Unless they are extremely attractive and are naked.
No. Oppression leads to depression. Both of which are bad.
The Netherlands is more liberal than we are, but no Al Qaeda attacks there.
Reply 24
No. Just no.
DarkWhite
You know what I mean. As long as they're not parading around handing out leaflets on how it is to be gay and all that.

I don't really understand what you mean. Surely education is the way to fight prejudice, wouldn't you say?
Reply 26
(loobylou)
I think they should if I'm completely honest.

Part of the reason that we're hated in the Middle East is because of our tolerance towards nonsense like homosexuality. It really annoys me to think that a gay can get 'married' in a church in this country; no wonder they think we have no respect for religion in the Western world.

Therefore in the interests of national security / terrorist prevention, should gays be forced to stop shoving it down our throats in terms of 'expressing who they are' :rolleyes: (never heard anything so silly)?

OP, you are really pathetic.
Seriously though, its a fact of life, just like it's a fact of life that there's differences in our cultures, gender, interests and hobbies. I dont rightly know if people are born gay or develop gay tendencies, but what I do know is that people don't make a conscious decision to become gay or lesbian. If you're suggesting that people who have no control over what they are should be forced to hide what they are, you belong in 1700 Tsarist Russia.

I would even go as far as to say that if religion hadn't played such a massive part in brutally influencing the world's history, I would hazard a guess that gay and lesbianism and/or transgenderism would be viewed just like we view differences in gender. i.e. Unstigmatised. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Why are there so many topical debates about gay/lesbianism right now? :smile:
TeDaX
I don't really understand what you mean. Surely education is the way to fight prejudice, wouldn't you say?

I mean a hypothetical situation where gay people were handing out leaflets reading things like, "give it a go!", "Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!" etc. It's unlikely to happen, and I've never seen it happen, thus I have no problem with gay people.

Religious people handing me leaflets on how I'll go to hell if I don't become a Christian being another example of this, and I have to put up with it when I walk through my local city centre.
Reply 28
I really can't bloody well understand why prejudiced, pompous people don't get the concept of live and let live, it really does make me facepalm.
Thread locked. This has gone far enough and it's stopping here before anyone gets very offensive.

Latest

Trending

Trending