The Student Room Group
zneetznadderzneet
Does anyone know whether student loans pay on the EXACT date that is on the payment schedule letter or do they pay a few days beforehand to ensure you get your moeny before the start of term??

My payment date is 11th January and really hope they put the money into my account by 9th January. Has anyone ever received their payments early??

I wouldn't expect that you'll get your money before the stated payment date. Ideally, the money will be paid to you using a same-day electronic transfer (as was the case for many people at the start of the academic year), but I'd allow for the payment to come through up to three working days later, depending on the speed at which it clears.
Reply 2
As above.

It's possible to get payments brought forward, but it's at the discretion of the SLC, and needs to be discussed with them on a case-by-case basis.
Illusionary
I wouldn't expect that you'll get your money before the stated payment date. Ideally, the money will be paid to you using a same-day electronic transfer (as was the case for many people at the start of the academic year), but I'd allow for the payment to come through up to three working days later, depending on the speed at which it clears.

Aw ok :frown: thanks for letting me know anyhow
Reply 4
If your loan is due in on Monday 11th January, depending which bank you are with it may be available on Saturday 9th. This is because some bank systems do not recognise weekends.

Post back with your bank and I may be able to advise.
johnboy024
If your loan is due in on Monday 11th January, depending which bank you are with it may be available on Saturday 9th. This is because some bank systems do not recognise weekends.

Post back with your bank and I may be able to advise.

I'm with lloyds TSB
Reply 6
I have always received mine early
Reply 7
Some banks (Usually RBS, NatWest, Barclays) decide to make the payment on the Friday or Saturday before the due date, but usually with other banks (Lloyds TSB, HSBC...) it'll usually be there the the exact date its supposed to be due.
Hi i am due to be payed on monday i am with tsb and its Saturday tomorrow,thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending