The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know M&S definitely doesn't make you take your bra off while being measured- I was measured just a few weeks ago and the lady there was very nice and professional!
I know for a fact that at la senza you keep your bra on while you are being measured. They are very good and it isn't as embarrasing as most people think it will be :smile: .
Reply 3
I got measured at la senza and it's up to you whether you do or not! I wouldnt worry tho, there very nice ladies and are just doing their job like a doctor!
Reply 4
It stays on, as far as I'm aware. :smile:
Reply 5
When I worked at La senza I used to be a bra fitter, you don't have to take your bra off! My worst experience was when a tranny came in to be measured :s:
Reply 6
surely keeping it on would **** up the measurement? If its too small or whatever then the measurement would just show the maximum size allowed by the too-small bra...
Reply 7
Did the tranny have fake tits?!
Reply 8
Nicola1986
Did the tranny have fake tits?!

No. He didn't look pleased when I informed him he was a 40AA, and we didn't stock any bras that size!
Reply 9
In a way i feel a bit bad for him but then im thinking why did he need a bra for that anyway! Dont Trannies usually buy bigger bras and stuff them! this is such an odd conversation!
Reply 10
Nicola1986
In a way i feel a bit bad for him but then im thinking why did he need a bra for that anyway! Dont Trannies usually buy bigger bras and stuff them! this is such an odd conversation!

Lol. I think he was really embarassed, but I don't think he wanted people to know he was a tranny. He wasn't one of these over-the-top divas, he was just a middle aged bloke dressed up like a middle aged woman. I think he thought everyone thought he was a real woman! It was very odd.
Reply 11
Ahhh i actually feel sorry for him now! You should have told him he was a d cup and given him some chicken fillets!
Reply 12
Nicola1986
Ahhh i actually feel sorry for him now! You should have told him he was a d cup and given him some chicken fillets!

Lol he was ok, he said thanks for my help, and bought a thong before he left! :biggrin: :eek:
Reply 13
I got measured around my chest and then they gave me a different bra to change into before they measured around my bust - to measure and to see the shape of my boobs (but not naked!)

Noone will force you to take your bra off. You're the customer, you're in charge of your body and noone can make you do what you dont want to :smile:
Reply 14
I measure people for bras and I always measure with the customer's bra on.
Reply 15
Contessa are good. To be on the safe side, I try on the bra I think fits and ask the person to check it. x x x
Reply 16
i had mine done at house of fraser. i wasnt intending to cause i hate the whole experience, but this scary italian woman accoseted me and before i knew it i was in the changing rooms with my top off. she didnt tell me to take off my bra, just looked disapprovingly at it and tugged at various points saying "look, no support at all. she only took my back measurement, no tape was used for the cup size, she just looked at my chest and said "yes, you are a dd, maybe even an e". i was confused cause i have been wearing a b cup for years, thats what the m&s tape measure said when i was 14 and i stuck to it. but she brought me some to try on and i put an e cup on and was like "by jove, it fits!". apparently bra kings rigby and peller dont use tapes at all, they are trained to look at you and work out the size that way, so in theory you shouldnt have to remove your bra. i have never been asked too, but a number of my friends have told me about their horrifying experiences when they first got measured with their mums and had to strip. glad it wasnt me! i think if they ask you to remove it they wont be offended of inconvenienced if you politely decline.
M n S are definately the ones to go for. theyre all so helpful and nice. When i try bras on in there they say "if theres anything i can help you with just give my a shout!"

theyre so polite and professional, so thats the best place to go.
Reply 18
r0manticide17
M n S are definately the ones to go for. theyre all so helpful and nice. When i try bras on in there they say "if theres anything i can help you with just give my a shout!"

theyre so polite and professional, so thats the best place to go.

its true they are very approachable and nice, and professional, but i am not sure about their measuring. i had been measured there three times, and i thought the size they told me to get was fine but looking back, it wasn't at all. it was far too slack on my back and the cups were sitting way too far foward, so really the bras i was wearing were just sitting there, not really giving any support or shape. the last time i went to m&s was last summer, they said i was a 36B, the same size they told me i was when i was 14, 7 years ago. but i went to house of fraser one day and the woman said i was actually a 34DD/E, and this size is actually far mor comfortable and flattering. i think you should go to a few places to get measured, see if the sizes tally up and try on a few bras to see which is the most comfortable.
Reply 19
I went to Debenhams, and they measured me as one size, but as they didn't have any that size in stock they tried to sell me a different size!

Latest