The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rubgish
Now, i've not done accounting or finance, but i'm fairly certain the majority of the mathematical skills you learn doing these as a job are of no interest to cambridge whatsoever. It may be different for other unis, but specifically for cambridge I don't think they will care about a bit of accounting.

But seeing as you've got no experience of accounting or finance you woudn't know what those skills involve would you...sometimes I despair of TSR. I'm pretty sure there's the odd mature student gets in now and again. Oh, hang on a minute my mate did last year.....
Reply 41
Supersharpshooter
But seeing as you've got no experience of accounting or finance you woudn't know what those skills involve would you...sometimes I despair of TSR. I'm pretty sure there's the odd mature student gets in now and again. Oh, hang on a minute my mate did last year.....

Your mate did last year for what, with what qualifications, having done what job? Seriously I don't have to done accounting myself to know that its very unlikely to help with Cambridge maths. I know what cambridge maths is like, and I'd be extremely surprised if accounting is in anyway similar. Do you know what cambridge maths is like? Cause if not, then exactly what you wrote about me applies to yourself, only to do with the maths no the accounting.
Rubgish
Your mate did last year for what, with what qualifications, having done what job? Seriously I don't have to done accounting myself to know that its very unlikely to help with Cambridge maths. I know what cambridge maths is like, and I'd be extremely surprised if accounting is in anyway similar. Do you know what cambridge maths is like? Cause if not, then exactly what you wrote about me applies to yourself, only to do with the maths no the accounting.

I didn't say it was similiar. The point I was making is that uni's (even oxbridge) take on board your career history and the relevant skills which are gained from it.
Reply 43
I'd say take physics, maths, further maths and additional further maths and take STEP II and III before applying to cambridge to be in a good chance, which is dependent on those grades really.
Reply 44
Sk1lLz
I'd say take physics, maths, further maths and additional further maths and take STEP II and III before applying to cambridge to be in a good chance, which is dependent on those grades really.

Within a year?

Latest

Trending

Trending