The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
It could be lupus
No problem and well done.

I think I know what I am going to do now to try and sort things out. I just hope its enough

This is all very mysterious, but I hope you manage to sort things out :smile: I had a godawful Lent term last year because when bad things happen at Cambridge they're magnified tenfold... So I feel for you, whatever's going on...
alex_hk90
I didn't even realise there was a quota...
I hit it quite a lot when it was 150MB (or possibly 250MB. Or both). It might be something to do with not having deleted many emails since about the 2nd week of my first year.
Hm. Laziness has bitten me in the bum this weekend. Rowing, coupled with setting my alarm for 10 and then moving it back by an hour three times and I still have to do laundry and tidy my room before I can start working. Whoops.
Zoedotdot
This is all very mysterious, but I hope you manage to sort things out :smile: I had a godawful Lent term last year because when bad things happen at Cambridge they're magnified tenfold... So I feel for you, whatever's going on...

I am sorry its just I am quite private/shy when it comes to some things and this just happens to be one of them things :o:

Yeah I would agree with that. The pressure of everything happening around you just make things far worse when they go wrong.

All the same thanks :smile:
Reply 784
It could be lupus
I am sorry its just I am quite private/shy when it comes to some things and this just happens to be one of them things :o:

Yeah I would agree with that. The pressure of everything happening around you just make things far worse when they go wrong.

All the same thanks :smile:

That's alright, I wasn't criticising - I don't tend to publicise the most intimate details of my life on the internet either. And the stuff that happened to me last Lent term is only fully known to the few people involved, my mum and a friend who doesn't even go to Cambridge...

Yes, because once one thing goes wrong I find that everything goes off track. I was ill and did barely any work when I was having problems... I stopped going out and even though I lived next to three of my best friends I hardly saw them. I really do hope it all works out and you don't let everything get on top of you though :smile:

Without knowing what the problem is... just be mindful that there are systems in place in colleges to help you through really hard times - my DoS, tutor and the college counsellor, without any of them necessarily knowing the full extent of what was going on, all really really helped me once I'd remembered that there ARE people you can approach here :smile: And even if it's highly personal and you're shy about it, I did actually find that talking to a college counsellor was immensely helpful for me, because it meant that I was taking myself out of the situation I was in and talking to someone who didn't know me or the people involved and who could really logically help me through everything. It doesn't matter if you think your problem might seem quite trivial to them, they're used to dealing with things all the time and to be honest I don't think that any problem is trivial when you're in such a high pressure environment.

Sorry for the rant, I just think welfare systems in colleges are highly underappreciated :smile: And just want to help :smile:
Zoedotdot
That's alright, I wasn't criticising - I don't tend to publicise the most intimate details of my life on the internet either. And the stuff that happened to me last Lent term is only fully known to the few people involved, my mum and a friend who doesn't even go to Cambridge...

Yes, because once one thing goes wrong I find that everything goes off track. I was ill and did barely any work when I was having problems... I stopped going out and even though I lived next to three of my best friends I hardly saw them. I really do hope it all works out and you don't let everything get on top of you though :smile:

Without knowing what the problem is... just be mindful that there are systems in place in colleges to help you through really hard times - my DoS, tutor and the college counsellor, without any of them necessarily knowing the full extent of what was going on, all really really helped me once I'd remembered that there ARE people you can approach here :smile: And even if it's highly personal and you're shy about it, I did actually find that talking to a college counsellor was immensely helpful for me, because it meant that I was taking myself out of the situation I was in and talking to someone who didn't know me or the people involved and who could really logically help me through everything. It doesn't matter if you think your problem might seem quite trivial to them, they're used to dealing with things all the time and to be honest I don't think that any problem is trivial when you're in such a high pressure environment.

Sorry for the rant, I just think welfare systems in colleges are highly underappreciated :smile: And just want to help :smile:

There are only 2 other people aware of this as far as I am aware.

Thanks for the help. I am going to try and resolve it hopefully in the next day or two and see how it goes. If it does begin to really effect me I will try and get some support, though I will probably end up ringing one of my friends from home for a conversation. I do feel it is quite trivial to get stressed out that much about and that its just one of those things that happens in life but I do think being here with the pressure hasn't helped fully.

Again thanks :smile:
It could be lupus

Thanks for the help. I am going to try and resolve it hopefully in the next day or two and see how it goes. If it does begin to really effect me I will try and get some support, though I will probably end up ringing one of my friends from home for a conversation. I do feel it is quite trivial to get stressed out that much about and that its just one of those things that happens in life but I do think being here with the pressure hasn't helped fully.

This is generally a good idea, to talk to someone you trust out of the situation.
alex_hk90
This is generally a good idea, to talk to someone you trust out of the situation.

Ok I think the offer holders are starting to get a bit strange, though nothing compared to last year. They have decided they will set up an underground baking society :lol:
Reply 788
It could be lupus

Again thanks :smile:

Definitely call someone else to get perspective, because things do blow up here! I'm of the firm opinion that it's always better to talk about things, but I'm completely incapable of keeping things totally to myself and always have to splurge to someone - I suck at bottling :p: I have my fingers crossed for a speedy resolution :smile:

EDIT: Cheers for the rep :smile: Signing your name as lupus made me laugh - we're rationing out season 6 at the moment to try to make it last longer, I don't want to be House-less :frown:

Ahhh, it's such a nice feeling when you read something in a foreign language and actually find it funny. Normally jokes go right over your head in other languages... :biggrin: And believe it or not, the Russians really do have a sense of humour :wink:
Zoedotdot
Definitely call someone else to get perspective, because things do blow up here! I'm of the firm opinion that it's always better to talk about things, but I'm completely incapable of keeping things totally to myself and always have to splurge to someone - I suck at bottling :p: I have my fingers crossed for a speedy resolution :smile:

Yeah I am the same. I definitely am going to have to tell 1 or 2 people but because it is here I am not sure of anyone here I would like to tell for an outside perspective.

It could be lupus
Ok I think the offer holders are starting to get a bit strange, though nothing compared to last year. They have decided they will set up an underground baking society :lol:

Who says there isn't already an underground baking society? :ninja: :p:

PS: :woo: One essay done, one to go...
Reply 791
alex_hk90

I read the original post as an 'underground banking society' and didn't even blink lol, shows how odd Cambridge can be.
alex_hk90

:lol: come on it is slightly strange

In other news I have been informed if we lose this game on Tuesday we are relegated. This means I am going to have to figure out some way to get my ankle better for then or else I will just have to play through it :lol:
Reply 793
It could be lupus
:lol: come on it is slightly strange

In other news I have been informed if we lose this game on Tuesday we are relegated. This means I am going to have to figure out some way to get my ankle better for then or else I will just have to play through it :lol:

Piece of wood and duct tape, should be fine surely?:p:
Slumpy
Piece of wood and duct tape, should be fine surely?:p:

Haha yeah I think a lot of duct tape might be used. I reckon so long as I can still reasonably make the tackles and rucks and mauls without being in excruciating pain then I should be ok :p:
Gospel of Mark's being handed out to everyone.
Zoedotdot
I read the original post as an 'underground banking society' and didn't even blink lol, shows how odd Cambridge can be.

That's weird; so did I. :s-smilie:
Blaah
Gospel of Mark's being handed out to everyone.

They were at your college as well? I was tempted to ask "Why Mark's Gospel and not the others?" :p:
It could be lupus
They were at your college as well? I was tempted to ask "Why Mark's Gospel and not the others?" :p:

It was people from my College, and they all had a 'personalised message' (our names, rest was identical) in the front cover.

Wish I'd tried to swap my FSM Gospel.
My day has been made. Whilst waiting on Silver St, a father and son duo cycled past. The son was singing the words to Thriller, whilst his father did the guitar riff bits. So you had "[whatever the words are] ... thriller!"/"Doo doo do do" at reasonable volume. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending