The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
You will need to notify the uni yourself, as UCAS only tell unis about A Level results received in August. As soon as you have done that, the uni should be able to make your offer unconditional.
Juno
You will need to notify the uni yourself, as UCAS only tell unis about A Level results received in August. As soon as you have done that, the uni should be able to make your offer unconditional.

I am in a similar position to the OP, however if a university is still undecided once you have your new A level results; would you have to ring/email them to inform them. As the new grades could potentialy sway their decision on an offer, so if you wenre't to ring the university where would you stand? I know that didnt make complete sense but hopefully you got the jist :p:
Reply 4
JumpingJonny
I am in a similar position to the OP, however if a university is still undecided once you have your new A level results; would you have to ring/email them to inform them. As the new grades could potentialy sway their decision on an offer, so if you wenre't to ring the university where would you stand? I know that didnt make complete sense but hopefully you got the jist :p:

You don't have to notify unis of results from January exams. If they haven't made a decision and you've done well then you could - but they don't have to take this into account when considering your application. Some unis might take it into account, but not all will as they might deem it to be unfair on people who don't update them.
Reply 5
Juno

Ah right thanks mate, so unis only get the results in August. I think in March when I get my January results i'll just make my firm/insurance choice and apply for accomodation.
Reply 6
You are in a good position, as you can deliberately only choose a firm you know you have met!

Latest

Trending

Trending