The Student Room Group

Will i be disadvantaged- Ucas application

Hi,

I'm a resit student and im resisitng through a private exam centre. I sent my application on 13th Jan and now the centre has it, meaning it has not been officially sent. I emailed them twice and asked them to send it soon. They said that they would send all applications by 25 Jan. The deadline is 31 Jan, and I'm scared that I will be disadvantaged from unis if I send it too late. Im applied to Russell group unis and it remeber last year I sent it in early jan.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Unevu
Hi,

I'm a resit student and im resisitng through a private exam centre. I sent my application on 13th June and now the centre has it, meaning it has not been officially sent. I emailed them twice and asked them to send it soon. They said that they would send all applications by 25 Jan. The deadline is 31 Jan, and I'm scared that I will be disadvantaged from unis if I send it too late. Im applied to Russell group unis and it remeber last year I sent it in early jan.

I assume that date (13th June) means 13th January.

All applications received by UCAS by 6:00pm on 31st January will receive equal consideration. It's a requirement of the whole process. You will not have a reduced likelihood of receiving an offer based upon the date they receive your application (as long as it hits that deadline).
Original post by Unevu
Hi,

I'm a resit student and im resisitng through a private exam centre. I sent my application on 13th Jan and now the centre has it, meaning it has not been officially sent. I emailed them twice and asked them to send it soon. They said that they would send all applications by 25 Jan. The deadline is 31 Jan, and I'm scared that I will be disadvantaged from unis if I send it too late. Im applied to Russell group unis and it remeber last year I sent it in early jan.

Hi!

Yes as said above you will be absolutely fine as long as you get it in before the date. They have to give equal consideration to everyone. I get that it can feel really scary - especially when you're waiting on someone else to do something but you've got this!

I'd try to relax a little until the 25th and make sure everything else is set up and ready to go. If by the 26th you don't have it just get ready to email away 🙂

Good luck!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Reply 3
Original post by Heriot-Watt Uni
Hi!

Yes as said above you will be absolutely fine as long as you get it in before the date. They have to give equal consideration to everyone. I get that it can feel really scary - especially when you're waiting on someone else to do something but you've got this!

I'd try to relax a little until the 25th and make sure everything else is set up and ready to go. If by the 26th you don't have it just get ready to email away 🙂

Good luck!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Hi, well by the looks of it, they still haven't sent it and it's the 26th Jan. These people are so annoying, I always have to chase everything up with them whether it's exams, mocks or ucas.
Reply 4
Original post by Unevu
help

Email/Call them first thing on Monday and tell them that your application hasn't been sent off yet. Ask them to do it as soon as possible.
Original post by Unevu
help

We can't help, unfortunately. Your issue is with your exam centre.

Is the application with your exam centre because they're adding a reference and/or predicted grades? I wasn't even aware that exam centres fulfilled that role for private candidates, given that they really have no idea of your academic potential.
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
We can't help, unfortunately. Your issue is with your exam centre.

Is the application with your exam centre because they're adding a reference and/or predicted grades? I wasn't even aware that exam centres fulfilled that role for private candidates, given that they really have no idea of your academic potential.

Yeah, I know. I'm just quite stressed out because their phones ring but the line doesn't go through and they take long to reply to emails and I did email them yesterday again. Yeah, when I went to collect my mocks, they said that they would also do my reference (even though they don't know why me academically), I plan to ask on Monday again and if they still haven't replied, I should probably call UCAS up and tell them and my last option is to go straight to the centre, it's just that it is quite far away and i don't really know if they will be open.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending