The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Literature Paper 1 - Likelihood of poems coming?

The ones that came for jan 2023 (non-regional) include: half past two, sonnet 116 and blessing
Jan 2023 (regional) include: poem at 39, do not go gentle into that good night and search for my tongue

What would be the likelihood of these 6 poems coming in the upcoming exams next week? Would it be fine if Idont revise them?
Reply 1
Original post by arandomaccount
The ones that came for jan 2023 (non-regional) include: half past two, sonnet 116 and blessing
Jan 2023 (regional) include: poem at 39, do not go gentle into that good night and search for my tongue

What would be the likelihood of these 6 poems coming in the upcoming exams next week? Would it be fine if Idont revise them?

How can there be 3 poems for each test they only give use 2 to compare
Reply 2
Original post by F1x7
How can there be 3 poems for each test they only give use 2 to compare

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Jan 2023 (non-regional):
Question 2 -> Half past two + sonnet 116 (passing of time)
OR
Question 3 -> Blessing + any other poem from the anthology

Jan 2023 (regional):
Question 2 -> Poem at Thirty-Nine + Do not go gentle into that good night (feeling about fathers)
OR
Question 3 -> Search for my tongue + any other poem from the anthology (loss)

What do you think is the likelihood of these 6 poems coming up in the non-regional paper next week?
Reply 3
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Jan 2023 (non-regional):
Question 2 -> Half past two + sonnet 116 (passing of time)
OR
Question 3 -> Blessing + any other poem from the anthology

Jan 2023 (regional):
Question 2 -> Poem at Thirty-Nine + Do not go gentle into that good night (feeling about fathers)
OR
Question 3 -> Search for my tongue + any other poem from the anthology (loss)

What do you think is the likelihood of these 6 poems coming up in the non-regional paper next week?

Would it be worth the time revising them?
Reply 4
Would it be worth the time revising them?

I’m also taking the exam next week and I’ve been wondering the same thing. I don’t think so tho because I’m pretty sure they never repeat the January ones but I might be wrong. Hav u got any predictions for this years poetry and OMAM question ?

Quick Reply

Latest