The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am sittin this if u are talking bout AQA yes.
well obviously revising the whole thing.
my weak areas for this paper iv gt to say is the easier stuff like remembering reacitons with halides -.-
spent so long on metal extraction last year and everything else then there was 20 marks i lost cos i just blanked on the halide reactions with h2so4 and silver and ammonia
I am sitting unit 4 on the 27th. i am poooing that :'(
Eesh, chem2 is nasty. As is chem 4. And chem 5 for that matter...
I'm doing it:smile: :smile: :smile: :yes: :woo:
Reply 4
Mr.Singh
my weak areas for this paper iv gt to say is the easier stuff like remembering reacitons with halides -.-
spent so long on metal extraction last year and everything else then there was 20 marks i lost cos i just blanked on the halide reactions with h2so4 and silver and ammonia

i was talking about edexcel actually but i guess they are pretty much the same. arent they?
ohhh Good luck for unit 4! im taking unit 4,5,6 in june.. :woo:
Shenali_93
Hey. anyone sitting for this paper? I didnt see a thread for edexcel so I thought I'd start one..
Any special areas anyone is revising?
did u guys sit for unit 1 and 3 as well? what did u think?

I did one as well as 3 1 was hardWW
Reply 6
Mr.Singh

I'm resitting Unit 2 and doing unit 4 as well!

I think I'm alright with unit 2 stuff now, but unit 4 is gonna go unbelievably crap! I cant remember most of the mechanism, the calculations are difficult and the wording of the questions are rubbish too! In general, an all round fail :frown:
doginthesky

I think I'm alright with unit 2 stuff now, but unit 4 is gonna go unbelievably crap! I cant remember most of the mechanism, the calculations are difficult and the wording of the questions are rubbish too! In general, an all round fail :frown:

what was your AS results?
Reply 8
Dr.Black Knight
I did one as well as 3 1 was hardWW

Unit 1 wasnt hard for me surprisingly except for maybe some 1 mark questions here and there.. 3B was the harder one out of the two for me...
Shenali_93
Unit 1 wasnt hard for me surprisingly except for maybe some 1 mark questions here and there.. 3B was the harder one out of the two for me...

was it how much do expect for unit 1?
Reply 10
Dr.Black Knight
was it how much do expect for unit 1?

hopefully a high A... hopefully! or maybe just an A...
Shenali_93
hopefully a high A... hopefully! or maybe just an A...

good luck which school are you from lol?
Reply 12
doginthesky

lmao, serious just nail unit 2 in the bum and ur'll be ok for a high B in unit 4.
now unit 4........... all im not to keen on is the first 3 chapters on kentics/reactions that type of crap. i think the next 7 on mechanisms are all nicely realated with just most of it being either electrophilic subs, or nucleophillic addition. as for polyermisation. iv always found that easy, even from gcse. so its not as bad as u may think. especially if u going for medicin, u will b smart enough to cope. i want to aim for an overall A in every subj, but chem its just....the exam can go for you, or really really against you :frown:
Reply 13
Mr.Singh
lmao, serious just nail unit 2 in the bum and ur'll be ok for a high B in unit 4.
now unit 4........... all im not to keen on is the first 3 chapters on kentics/reactions that type of crap. i think the next 7 on mechanisms are all nicely realated with just most of it being either electrophilic subs, or nucleophillic addition. as for polyermisation. iv always found that easy, even from gcse. so its not as bad as u may think. especially if u going for medicin, u will b smart enough to cope. i want to aim for an overall A in every subj, but chem its just....the exam can go for you, or really really against you :frown:

hey when ur trying for something as competitive as medicine, do resists count?
Reply 14
Dr.Black Knight
good luck which school are you from lol?

SBC.. u?
Reply 15
Shenali_93

maybe for the really competitive/outstandin unis such as imperial, and birmingham i think they do look at that. but thats for you to check out and me to have no idea about lol. sorry:rolleyes:
Dr.Black Knight
what was your AS results?

I got 5As overall, but i got a B in unit 2 chem, so resitting. I need to get an A overall for medicine, so i'm trying to get as many marks as possible :frown:
Shenali_93

Modular resits don't really count, unless you're applying to cambridge or something.. For medicine, the only type of resit they are bothered about is if you have to resit a whole year..
Mr.Singh

Well good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us! :yes:
Reply 19
doginthesky
Well good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us! :yes:

ditto babe :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending