The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
core 4 will be hard no doubt i did core 3 and found it okay to tell the truth. they making the papers harder because they dont want loadza people getting A*
Reply 2
what answers did everyone get for this paper? i can't remember many. something like 3x/(x+1)(3x+2) for 1, 71' for alpha, -2 for dy/dx, -4ln(1/5) for question 9, umm for the binomial quesitons i think i i got, 1 - x/3 + 2x/9 and 1 - x/4 + x^2/8
Reply 3
polemarch
what answers did everyone get for this paper? i can't remember many. something like 3x/(x+1)(3x+2) for 1, 71' for alpha, -2 for dy/dx, -4ln(1/5) for question 9, umm for the binomial quesitons i think i i got, 1 - x/3 + 2x/9 and 1 - x/4 + x^2/8

Yeah i got those answers as well, but i changed the ln to 4ln(5) since it was integers, i hope its not wrong. Also, what question did you get 71 alpha for? i can't remember that question.
I got 4ln5 :smile:
What did people get for the trig questions?
Reply 5
xx-becky1992-xx
I got 4ln5 :smile:
What did people get for the trig questions?

I can't really remember now but i think it was to do with a 3,4,5 triangle, i just remember i got some fractions.
Reply 6
Davecmk
I can't really remember now but i think it was to do with a 3,4,5 triangle, i just remember i got some fractions.

Yh got that aswell for my triangle, cos feta= 3/5.

What did people get for the last vector question (lander).
Reply 7
i got -1 for the implicit differentiation
Reply 8
i got p= 6
ajay_ganger
i got -1 for the implicit differentiation

Yeah i got that..

and for the vextor i got p = 6
i got 4ln5 erm 10^0.5cos(theta - 1.249)
Reply 11
ajay_ganger
i got 4ln5 erm 10^0.5cos(theta - 1.249)

Got that for my equation, but what was the 4ln5 for can't remember the question.
Reply 12
get i got that for the trig question, i hope they give me the marks for -4ln1/5! i should have realised it simplified for 4ln5!! damn, and for the implicit im sure it came out as -2/1.. so -2, although i probably made a silly mistake.
polemarch
get i got that for the trig question, i hope they give me the marks for -4ln1/5! i should have realised it simplified for 4ln5!! damn, and for the implicit im sure it came out as -2/1.. so -2, although i probably made a silly mistake.

I got it to come out as -2/2 which is -1.. but not sure whether its right.
And for the 4ln5.. I got that, you will probably get some marks for -4ln1/5 but it did say intergers so not full marks.
Reply 14
yesssssss i got lambda=6 as well and i got the implicit differntion to =-1

can ne1 remeber the last binomiall question ?
sumthing like 4 square root 250/sumthing... ?
Reply 15
I also got -2 for the implicit question, but i'm not sure if i integrated e correctly on the RHS :confused: I think the answer for the implicit is -1 since i now realise that i forgot the dy/dx on the e part.
Reply 16
i remembered the dy/dx so i dunno, i found it a hard paper! really annoyed, was hoping for 90% + but definitely didn't get it
Reply 17
polemarch

alpha was supposed to be in radians, as far as I can remember. I got 1.249c.
Also for the -4ln(1/5), it said put it in the form aln(b), where a and b are integers, which comes to 4ln5 if you rearrange it.
But the rest of the ones you mentioned I agree with :smile:
Reply 18
Davecmk
I also got -2 for the implicit question, but i'm not sure if i integrated e correctly on the RHS :confused: I think the answer for the implicit is -1 since i now realise that i forgot the dy/dx on the e part.

ey went to ey(dy/dx)

I got -1 for the implicit question.
Reply 19
I got p = 79/14 for the vector question :hmmm:
That's the only one I wasn't sure about though. I only need 83/100 to get my A* in maths :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending