The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

asdalol
I haven't got round to doing it yet, have been promising myself to do it at some point. Theres a venue for donating is near my college, I've booked the next earliest date and will drop by during my lunch period.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll even see if I can get a few friends to join me :smile:

where???!i wanna do that too!
I've been on the blood register since I turned 17. However, since then, I've had several piercings (apparently you have to wait 4 months after a piercing), glandular fever that lasted about 9 months, I've been on very high doses of antidepressants and had swine flu. So yeah, I've not actually been eligible for a while. It still remains to be seen whether I can give blood with my antidepressants, but I did email a lady from the blood bank and she said it should be ok (I guess they're getting happy blood?). The only other issue I would potentially have is self harm cuts and stuff, although I'm always very careful at keeping them clean and have no infections. I wouldn't want the awkward conversations though. Also, they can never seem to find a vein when I have blood tests. One nurse managed to stab me in a tendon, thinking it was a vein once. That was fun.

Having said that, I'm very pro blood and organ donation and am going to donate next week.
I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood. I'm a registered organ donor, but I find it psychologically really, really hard to even think about giving blood. I want to, but I'm going to need to psych myself up for it.

I'm A+ - I know it's a cavalier attitude to take but A+ is hardly rare.
1) Underage atm
2) Underweight
I've got a heart condition, so I think it may be out of the question.
I did give blood today. We had a blood drive at my school.

It's easier to do it if you get a bunch of friends together and all agree to give blood, I think. Peer pressure is wonderful :biggrin:
Reply 306
I'm going tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder!
Reply 307
Aphotic Cosmos
I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood. I'm a registered organ donor, but I find it psychologically really, really hard to even think about giving blood. I want to, but I'm going to need to psych myself up for it.

I'm A+ - I know it's a cavalier attitude to take but A+ is hardly rare.

It's really ok, you don't even feel it. The only slight prick you feel is when they initially put the needle into your arm.

Latest

Trending

Trending