The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RollerBall
I know I'm about as masculine as my sister but c'mon. Froiden slips all over the place.

I think you mean Freudian. Of course, now we have to work out what Froiden means to you and why you subconsciously wrote it instead of the correct spelling. I bet it means you're in love with your mum.

Isn't psychology fun! :awesome:
Reply 21
as_94
I was in the rugby team from year 7 to year 9, but not after that because I wasn't built for Rugby. I was in the football team from year 7 to year 10, and not after that for the same reason. I may not make the cricket team this year either, but I'l probably be in it in 6th form, by then it'll be too late to put on my PS :frown:

Will most universities count this as being part of a team, and will I be disadvantaged compared to somebody who was in the first XI/XV for these sports?

Also, I don't think I'll be made a house captain next year (year 11) but I think that there's a strong chance that I'll be deputy house captain, simply due to the fact that the guy who'll be captain is ridiculously suited to the job. Will this be enough of a show of responsbilty/leadership?

Thanks

First of all, my 6th form is made up of two years, and I'm hoping yours is too... the PS is sent off in U6th, so if you make the team in L6th yes, you can put it on PS.

Secondly... I have never, ever played sport and never will. Nothing sports related has gone on my PS and I still got an offer. Also, my old school didn't have things like "House captains" or "Prefects". Whilst my new school I changed to for 6th form did, I had no chance of becoming one as I hadn't been at the school for long enough to build up my "credit", if you like, to become a prefect/house captain. Deputy house captain is fine. It's fine even if you don't get deputy house captain, so long as you have something else to show leadership. Maybe D of E, or you're the leader/organizer/helper of some club at school? Really all the universities care about is academics and work exp/voluntary work anyway :P

Good luck x
Reply 22
Kytiane
First of all, my 6th form is made up of two years, and I'm hoping yours is too... the PS is sent off in U6th, so if you make the team in L6th yes, you can put it on PS.
Good luck x

I won't make the team next year, I imagine everyone is almost double my weight, but I may stand a chance in upper sixth
as_94
I won't make the team next year, I imagine everyone is almost double my weight, but I may stand a chance in upper sixth

Do it because you want to not because of medical school application. What other exampls have you got that show your a team player think DofE, group projects etc. Ive never played team sports but found stuff to write about in my PS
Reply 24
I hate sport and wouldn't dream of spoiling an application form by writing about it. I did other stuff instead.
as_94

:lolwut:

Weight isn't exactly an important feature in your ability to be a cricketer.

If you actually want to play sport, can you not just join a club as opposed to fighting for a school place?
what do you think you are good at (except for getting good grades)?

i think being a prefect and being on a sports team at school is a common and boring EC for med applicants. find something different, somthing to make you stand out.
why not try something outside of school to show independance and maturity? maybe join a community choir or get on a youth commity at your local church or community center.
Reply 27
I'm part of a symphony orchestra, in scouts/ explorer scouts, I'll probably get involved in peer mentoring, I'm close to getting work experience with the lancet

Latest

Trending

Trending