The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Anyone know if we'll be recieving more information on what's provided in the accommodation so we know what we need to bring ourselves?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 121
Benlaw92
Anyone know if we'll be recieving more information on what's provided in the accommodation so we know what we need to bring ourselves?

We'll probably get something nearer the time we arrive, but in case you haven't seen this: http://www.swan.ac.uk/accommodation/NewStudents/PlanningYourArrival/ - it tells you what is provided in the rooms and some of the items you need to bring.
Reply 122
d0000dle
We'll probably get something nearer the time we arrive

Hi quick question how do you find out where you are living? When i log into my swansea account all it says is "application was processed on 05/05/2010"?
Reply 123
unknQwn
Hi quick question how do you find out where you are living? When i log into my swansea account all it says is "application was processed on 05/05/2010"?

I received an email - "SWANSEA UNIVERSITY - ACCOMMODATION OFFER" - which is how I found out. A lot of people have and I suggest phoning or emailing them if you haven't got this yet, especially if Swansea was your firm choice. I would do this soon as once you have your offer you only have seven days to put the deposit down.

The email is: [email protected]
And the number for the residental services: 01792 295101
(I got those from the website, they are closed at the weekend.)
Yeah i also got the email. Mine came on results day with links and all my agreements. You have to accept the offer within 7 days.
Reply 125
d0000dle
I received an email - "SWANSEA UNIVERSITY - ACCOMMODATION OFFER" - which is how I found out. A lot of people have and I suggest phoning or emailing them if you haven't got this yet, especially if Swansea was your firm choice. I would do this soon as once you have your offer you only have seven days to put the deposit down.

The email is: [email protected]
And the number for the residental services: 01792 295101
(I got those from the website, they are closed at the weekend.)

Thanks have just emailed them and will call on monday if i don't get a reply. 7 days from results day im guessing? So i have until wednesday to put the deposit down? Swansea was my insurance and i got the letter from ucas yesterday saying that i have a confirmed place and that i don't need to do anything until they contact me...but i got worried with everyone saying what room they were in!
Reply 126
d0000dle
We'll probably get something nearer the time we arrive, but in case you haven't seen this: http://www.swan.ac.uk/accommodation/NewStudents/PlanningYourArrival/ - it tells you what is provided in the rooms and some of the items you need to bring.

Thanks.

Doesn't look like we get a lot of stuff, I thought we'd have to bring our own kettles and toasters because that is expected. But as if we need to bring our own pots, pans and cutlery etc.

Are people going to be bringing their own duvets btw? Or are they provided, the webpage isn't very clear.
duvets arn't provided. Think there was a kettle there when i moved in but no toaster. Although I wouldn't bother taking either. We ended up with 3 toasters and 4 kettles...if no one takes one you can pick one up really cheap from tesco once your there! In the rooms I remember a phone, bin, corkboard and in the en-suite (if you have one) a toilet brush..
Reply 128
Roobagnall
Human Geography. What about you?

I'm doing psychology (: You managed to track down anyone else in the same flat? I can't find anyone yet.
If you're in Penmaen, prepare yourself for disturbed sleep. The fire alarms are stupidly sensitive.

(and we had some idjits in the building last year, but unless you also have idjits, you just need to worry about the sensitivity. We honestly had it set off by deodrant last year - one of my flatmates accidentally)
Reply 130
Benlaw92
Thanks.

Doesn't look like we get a lot of stuff, I thought we'd have to bring our own kettles and toasters because that is expected. But as if we need to bring our own pots, pans and cutlery etc.

Are people going to be bringing their own duvets btw? Or are they provided, the webpage isn't very clear.

Would you really want to use pans and cutlery used by loads of other students before? You don't know where they've BEEN. :eek:
Reply 131
Cicerao
Would you really want to use pans and cutlery used by loads of other students before? You don't know where they've BEEN. :eek:

Hmm I suppose, I guess I assumed that they would be clean.
It would be nice if we had some contact with other flatmates though, so we can co-ordinate who can bring what, so we don't have to end up with 8 of every item.
Reply 132
Benlaw92
Hmm I suppose, I guess I assumed that they would be clean.
It would be nice if we had some contact with other flatmates though, so we can co-ordinate who can bring what, so we don't have to end up with 8 of every item.

If you want to find some of your flatmates you can try the Facebook freshers page: Swansea University Freshers 2010. I found a couple if mine.
I've got a place at Swansea through Clearing and applied for accommodation last Friday (20th August). Any idea when I'll find out if I have an offer for a residence?
Reply 134
im in HSV 209, anyone else?
Reply 135
Grantusj
im in HSV 209, anyone else?

Im in HSV024/07, could someone explain what that means...
Also more importantly how do you pronounce Hendrefoelan :wink: ?
CEF106 - Anyone know what this means :smile:
Reply 137
Farrington88
CEF106 - Anyone know what this means :smile:

I believe it means Cefn Bryn, first floor, flat 1, room 6. :smile:
I'm in HSV130/01 - what do the numbers stand for? Thanks to anyone who knows!
im in HSV164 :smile: so nervous/excited!

Quick Reply

Latest