The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If it's the "official" theory test then it probably contains ALL the questions that could come up in the exam.

After the theory test you do the hazard perception test, where you watch video clips and have to click when you see a hazard. There is a good CD-ROM called "Driving Test Success: Hazard Perception" to help you with this.
Yup, that's pretty much it. Don't rely too much on the questions book, but if you have time it's a good bit of insurance.

Best of luck
Reply 3
Just book my first lessons today. Cant wait. Couldnt get one on my birthday though.
Cool, when are you starting?
Reply 5
10th august. birthday is the 9th so it isnt too bad. il get dad to take me out for a drive instead
Reply 6
u seem a bit eager.
it isn't all that.
There's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic.
Reply 8
i need to get driving. there are so few buses from where i live that it is unreal. gets so tedious at times. better to be eager than to just be lazy and not bothered. plus as a car lover it is something i am interested in.
If it helps theres one question I kept getting in my theory about what to do if you're first to the scene of an accident and someone has a wounded arm! Pretty random eh? A good tip is to go to a massive car shop like Halfords and sit there reading a few of their theory books.

To the initial poster= make sure you practice those hazard clips thoroughly, and let us know how you get on! I failed my first theory because I didn't practice enough of the harazd element.

Good luck. :biggrin:
Oh and btw I have my old dvd that I used for the hazard part up for sale. Anyone want it? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Have to agree, the hazard perception CDRom is brilliant, dont think I'd have passed without it.
Reply 12
How quickly can i have my theory test. As in if i were to book my test by phone online or by phone today, when would the first available date be roughly?
Reply 13
www.dsa.gov.uk

wait time depends on where you are- i'd guess 3 weeks or so.
Reply 14
Are there any online practice theory and hazard perception tests available that anyone knows of. My CD's just stopped working!
Reply 16

What about a hazard perception one?
Not sure. Google it :biggrin:
Reply 18
-Sian-
Not sure. Google it :biggrin:

lol, yh ive tried. ah well...if anyone else knows, post it up here!
Reply 19
http://www.bsm.co.uk/bsm_store/theory.asp

£13.99 a month but you get theory and HPT stuff for that. Needs a broadband net connection though.

Latest

Trending

Trending